PlayStation classic 99 dollars (3rd December 2018)

To me this should have been just the launch titles, they then could have totally got away with not including some of the games they excluded with a legit reason.

Yes you can. The original PlayStation was released twenty three years ago and many of the people who enjoyed games on that machine have either moved or or just aren't interested in spending money on something they can do already for free (emulators). In terms of ROI it would be foolhardy to invest a lot of time and money in this venture given there has been general apathy to re-releasing PlayStation classics on Sony's other platforms over the years.

If Sony struggle to classic games for a few quid to people still invested in PlayStation (and classics have been available on PSP, PS3, PS Vita and PS4), how many hardware units do you think they'll sell to people who aren't for ten times as much?

This is a business.
in this life you must have style even when you go to a quagmire. Plus, it affects their corporate image, like just recently when Sony banned forever thousands of users 'cos a youtuber shared a game code to give for free, and instead of having some code to check for duplicates, they treated the users inputting the code as pirates and banned them forever, deleting their accounts and digital purchased games, etc.

If Sony struggle to classic games for a few quid to people still invested in PlayStation (and classics have been available on PSP, PS3, PS Vita and PS4), how many hardware units do you think they'll sell to people who aren't for ten times as much?

This is a business.

And how much does this business invest in marketing to build up their brand? How much of that investment is undone each time they drop the ball? Does it offset the cash grab? Maybe it does, maybe not. The answer is non obvious.

What the...? The SNES Classic has the hardware to run PS emulation? And betterb than the PS Classic itself?

But the specs have the playstation with higher clocks, more ram and a more.modern arm core?

Did I misunderstand the hardware?

But the specs have the playstation with higher clocks, more ram and a more.modern arm core?

Did I misunderstand the hardware?
Yes, more powerful based on the video, yet doesnt run the games satisfactory. Its very strange

The latest version of Retroarch has being ported to PS Classic. All 86 cores are running. Spyro being played here.

We will be adding the Playstation specific build platform to the RetroArch build and the cores very soon to tie in with the official “classic” platform release

https://www.libretro.com/

Only 10 days after the release...

visuals look vastly improved. Am I seeing right?
question is, have they managed to increase the performance of the games? Maybe it's just the emulator which fails or is is something else? I guess it should be the emulator not taking full advantage of the hardware, but I might be wrong

question is, have they managed to increase the performance of the games? Maybe it's just the emulator which fails or is is something else? I guess it should be the emulator not taking full advantage of the hardware, but I might be wrong
I bet it is the emulator or something else going in the background interfering. How can a PSP or PS2 be able to run PS1 games perfectly?
The Classic is multiple times more powerful than any of these.

Retroarch running with a USB boot has being released (Beta). Work still in progress (they want a permanent solution without the USB boot). 91 cores (emulators) available. Now the PS classic is becoming really interesting IMO. It's sill expensive here though. That thing was hacked so easily...Just a USB boot, no modification of the console.

https://modmyclassic.com/?page_id=1229

Due to the efforts from CompCom and other members of the ModMyClassic community we are happy to announce the pre-release of the new PlayStation Boot Menu + RetroArch for this year’s Christmas holidays!

Back