Got a treadmill yesterday for my new puppy....

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Did I mention my next door neighbor woke me up about 6 months ago to ask me if my wife was still looking for a german shepard puppy? Or that his daughter was trying to find a home for her 5 mos (really 4 mos) old one? Or that two hours later I had a AKC pure-bred of champion lineage $4000 german shepard puppy?

My life has been VERY busy since. I ain't never had a shepard before, and this one is extraordinary. Big, fast, strong, SMART, cunning, sweet, overly possessive, and hilarious...but for the first few months I was usually bleeding from my forearms from her exuberance and I still can't feel my fingertips now since she's been chewing on my hands too much. She's gotten a lot better in the past week, so my sanity is slowly returning.

Also I have lost one pound and 2" from my waste and can actually refer to my arms as "guns" for the first time in my life even if it's only jokingly. This dog has been working me out every day this summer for at least 3-4 hours and I'm feeling it both good and bad. My upper body has gained a hell of a lot of strength and my endurance is up, but she has a bad habit of holding the heel of my shoe when I walk and trying to pull me off balance. Sort of messed up my right knee, but having it pulled sideways all the time that's probably normal.

Anyway, some picts my daughter took of me trying to bribe Buffy on to the treadmill and failing horribly last night shortly after putting it in. She sent me the screenshots from a video she took of it which I'm actually afraid to watch.

Enjoy, and love and hugs to all!!!

tread1.jpg tread2.jpg tread3.jpg

Torn up dog toy, used to be a racoon.

Oh, actually had her walking on it this morning! I kid you not, and my wife viddied it for proof! :D

I'll post it up whenever I get around to editing it, but I'm kind of busy today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back