MS Annual Shareholder meeting 2018 statements regarding gaming

mrcorbo

Foo Fighter
Veteran
I pulled a few relevant quotes I noticed while skimming. If you're interested in the full transcript you can read it here - Transcript via SeekingAlpha

Amy Hood - MS CFO said:
...In gaming, we purchased PlayFab, a complete back end platform for mobile, PC and console game developers, to build, scale and launch cloud-connected games. And we’ve announced the addition of seven new studios since the beginning of fiscal '18 to bolster our first-party content and fast-growing gaming services...Our gaming revenue exceeded $10 billion and we surpassed 57 million Xbox Live monthly active users, as we invested across content, community and the cloud.

Satya Nadella - MS CEO said:
.....And we’re investing aggressively in the content, community and cloud services across every endpoint to expand the usage and deepen engagement with gamers, including the 57 million monthly Xbox Live users. Finally, we added seven new gaming studios to bolster the first-party content for fast growing gaming services like Game Pass subscription service as well as Mixer.

Unidentified MS rep said:
...Today, 4 billion people are connected to the Internet and over 2 billion play games online. As Satya mentioned, over the next decade, we’re going to continue to create amazing content and games, invest in the cloud and build communities that allow anyone to participate. We have a mix of incredible games for people of all ages but we want to make it easier to discover new games and play them either on your Xbox or your PC.

Earlier this year, we introduced the Xbox Game Pass, a content subscription service for gaming. Just like with Spotify and Netflix have done for music and video, Xbox Game Pass will allow us to reach beyond the 2 billion people playing games today. With over a 100 games available for just $10 a month, we are truly excited to bring gaming to everyone. But we're also building a robust cloud platform so that anyone can play the games they want with the people they want at any time and place, and most importantly, on any device.

Earlier this year, we announced Project xCloud, our future streaming gaming platform with the goal of delivering a quality experience for all gamers on all devices. We're building a service that's consistent with the speed and high fidelity that gamers expect on their PCs and their consoles.

A live stage demo of the Xbox Adaptive Controller followed this.

remember when everyone said that Satya wanted to spin off xbox ? Those were good times

I have a feeling your going to see an xbox game pass / live / office 365 subscription bundle in the next year or two

remember when everyone said that Satya wanted to spin off xbox ? Those were good times

I have a feeling your going to see an xbox game pass / live / office 365 subscription bundle in the next year or two
I'd give away a code with a good 2 months of gamepass on every console, so people get hooked on the access to many games right from the start of their life with the machine, to the point of associating the machine and platform with the service, so once the free trial ends they can't live without it anymore.

Couldn't find a better thread to post this but Rare had their latest Tavern pocost & invited Matt Booty, head of Microsoft Studios. They really get into all the studio purchases & how they leverage them & share between them. Sounds like GaaS is here to stay...

Tommy McClain

Couldn't find a better thread to post this but Rare had their latest Tavern pocost & invited Matt Booty, head of Microsoft Studios. They really get into all the studio purchases & how they leverage them & share between them. Sounds like GaaS is here to stay...

Tommy McClain
Pretty good insight from Booty. Sounds like they are just going to build out SoT for a very long time

Back