Red Dead Redemption 2

Still no fix for the PS4 Pro rendering :mad:

Are we sure about that? Just updated the version on my Pro, and the graphics look less blurry, especially around the characters. I'm not updating my XB1-X version (not yet anyhow), because some of pictures that I seen online after that patch was applied, effected some of the environmental lighting in a negative fashion, towards improving framerate performance.

Are we sure about that? Just updated the version on my Pro, and the graphics look less blurry, especially around the characters. I'm not updating my XB1-X version (not yet anyhow), because some of pictures that I seen online after that patch was applied, effected some of the environmental lighting in a negative fashion, towards improving framerate performance.

I've not played RDR2 since I finished it a few weeks ago but I remember that GTA V on PS4/XBO went through some graphical retrogrades [Digital Foundry] when Rockstar were tweaking performance, which they did fix in later patches.

Can you share the link where you saw the pictures?

Okay, I'm still confused as to how you guys had so much money it didn't matter.

I got another gold bar, but just buying all the crafting things from the fence costs hundreds of dollars and in order to get the camp upgraded just to fast travel (which I haven't done yet) apparently costs over $500 - so that's more than a gold bar just for that.

Are you doing the gold bar cheat? I'm not seeing how money is that easy to come by... I've bought lots of stuff, but there are still lots of things way out of my price range. Did you just not buy those things?

Isn't there some easy quest early on with The Strange Statues that rewards you with $1500?

Well there is a cave painting in a cave at Window Rock, just north west of Cumberland Forest.

The painting shows figures of men standing around an eagle. Each figure has an eagle next to it with a specific amount of tail feathers. The tail feathers are 2, 7, 5, 8, 3, 4, 6. The same as the amount of fingers held up on the statues. But this gives you a clue that the one missing an arm has 7 fingers held up instead of 4.

The pattern to these numbers is you need to press the ones that are prime numbers. So 2, 3, 5 and 7.

I'm only just up to Chapter 4 but during the main missions there are heists which can net you nice $$$. The Valentine bank robbery gets you $2,500 for example, and I believe that's early chapter 3?

Can you share the link where you saw the pictures?

I think most of the pics starts here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...analysis-read-op.76899/page-108#post-15426167

Some pictures shows lighting intensity pared back or lighting sources completely missing.

Before patch:
NdSdOki.png

After patch:
0BbS3OE.png

Together
ScKVBrV.png

Personally, I'll just wait until DF does a revisit of RDR2 patched... before I decide to patch my X.

I dunno, before the patch the horse is very dark while after the patch the horse is very bright … ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think most of the pics starts here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...analysis-read-op.76899/page-108#post-15426167

Some pictures shows lighting intensity pared back or lighting sources completely missing.

Before patch:
NdSdOki.png

After patch:
0BbS3OE.png

Together
ScKVBrV.png

Personally, I'll just wait until DF does a revisit of RDR2 patched... before I decide to patch my X.
maybe just electric streetlamps in the original and oil streetlamps like lighting in the patch..

The good thing about a new patch is that maybe they fixed the HDR.

Last edited:
I honestly have no issues with it. Using supersampling on 1080p the image is fantastic with no aliasing or shimmering. Yes I read all about the differences and looked at all the comparisons but if Rockstar didn't implement a CB-technique akin to GoW or Spiderman by release, they're not about to turn around and completely re-design the Pro anti-aliasing/upscaling system.

I also looked at all the comparisions before buying the game, but then I made my own comparison and in motion I prefer 1080p ... I should try supersampling after recent patch.

edit: did comparison and while there is some advantage in higher vertical resolution, framerate suffers and that's more noticable for me. Not to mention my PS4 Pro fan goes into overdrive while supersampling from 4k.

Last edited:
I've not played RDR2 since I finished it a few weeks ago but I remember that GTA V on PS4/XBO went through some graphical retrogrades [Digital Foundry] when Rockstar were tweaking performance, which they did fix in later patches.

yes, still blurry, maybe the improved a little bit but it's still awful

i was just chasing that guy and noticed that great NPC animation when he almost hit him while running
great attention to detail !
at 45s
does it use euphoria ? I think GTA5 had dropped it ?

i was just chasing that guy and noticed that great NPC animation when he almost hit him while running
great attention to detail !
at 45s
does it use euphoria ? I think GTA5 had dropped it ?
Are the controls really that stiff in 1st person? Looks like hell to play.
Also didn't notice any exceptional animation on that clip, but for the first time I realize they include dynamic objects on their window reflections, just not skinned ones.

FPS view is nice to explore and look at all the little details, but not for gameplay purpose, at least for me, it's not responsive as a FPS should be.
There is the same inertia as in third person view when you have to turn while running etc...

Back