What Anime are you watching now?

OMG! A new Sword Art Online? A new Index? I am VERY excited about this season so far, and DErideR or whatever about the guy and time travel has really caught me too. (Sorry, Bubbles is down right now so I'm on my wife's machine and I feel like I only have half my brain. :/ )

OMG! A new Sword Art Online? A new Index? I am VERY excited about this season so far, and DErideR or whatever about the guy and time travel has really caught me too. (Sorry, Bubbles is down right now so I'm on my wife's machine and I feel like I only have half my brain. :/ )
I can't comment on them...

Have you watched Fate/Stay, etc.? I watched the first episode a few weeks ago but I haven't found the time to watch more.

Not watched them yet, but looking forward to it, index was a massive surprise.
Just finished off high score girl today, one for the retro gamers out there, i enjoyed it

I can't comment on them...

Have you watched Fate/Stay, etc.? I watched the first episode a few weeks ago but I haven't found the time to watch more.

Fate Zero has my fav character of any anime iskandar, but i love the story line of Fate stay night. They were both fantastic first time watches but i have found the second watch hard compared to other animes i love ( gits, code geass, darker then black, hunter x hunter , etc ,etc)

I haven't tried Fate because it confused me a bit at first and now there's so many of them I don't know where to start. Which do you recommend first?

I haven't tried Fate because it confused me a bit at first and now there's so many of them I don't know where to start. Which do you recommend first?
I don't even remember where I read it nor what was the reason, but I read that it's best to start with Fate/Stay Night.

They're fine to watch in the order they were made.

The Fate/Stay Night series has 3 different paths, and are fine to watch as main anime, then unlimited blade works, then heaven's path.

The Fate/Zero is a prequel that is fine to watch after FSN, so you get some reactions like "Oh wow, so that happened?"

The other Fate series add to it, but haven't seemed to be any major must-watch to get the general feel of the Fate universe. Many fans suggest watching the Ufotable produced titles instead of the DEEN, but I'm not dead-set against DEEN productions, as they were available at a time when Ufotable wasn't produced yet.

From here to just list out what exists -- https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/12832/what-is-the-viewing-order-of-fate-related-works

It is generally agreed that Fate/stay night and Fate/Zero are the two core works of the Fate series. They both come in multiple forms. Whatever you do, consuming these two works in some form is the first thing you should do.

Fate/stay night
  • Fate/stay night was originally a 2004 visual novel that had three routes - Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel (in that order).
  • The 2006 anime by DEEN mostly adapted the Fate route.
  • The 2010 movie by DEEN adapted a highly condensed form of the Unlimited Blade Works route.
  • Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 saw another adaptation of Fate/stay night, this time by Ufotable, which adapts the Unlimited Blade Works route.
  • At some point in the future, Ufotable will release a movie or series of movies that will adapt Heaven's Feel
  • There is also a manga series that (I believe) adapts the Fate route, but I'm going to ignore it, because it's generally thought to not be that great.
Fate/Zero
Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/stay night.

• It was originally a light novel series (2007). Fate/Zero has no concept of routes, so all media of Fate/Zero cover the same material, more or less.
  • It had a manga adaptation (started in 2011; ongoing). It was pretty good, but if you want to read it, I recommend that you do so after watching the Fate/Zero anime.
  • It was adapted into a 2-cour anime by Ufotable in Fall 2011 and Spring 2012.

I went zero, stay night, So not the order it was made but the order of the story. I think it worked well, zero is almost like a dry run, i think if i watched stay night first i would have less idea about what is going on.

I went zero, stay night, So not the order it was made but the order of the story. I think it worked well, zero is almost like a dry run, i think if i watched stay night first i would have less idea about what is going on.
But... you just said that you watched Stay Night first.

Fresh anime include Hinomaru Sumo, Karakuri Circus, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, Toaru Majutsu no Index III and Ulysses - Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi this season. Also continuing the 2nd seasons of Golden Kamuy and Souten no Ken Re-Genesis.

Really enjoyed the Fate/Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Stay the Night and Fate/Zero series. :eek:

Back