Windows 10 Getting Slower? I just wiped Albatross with fresh Win 10, and its already broken and slow

Your Windows 10 getting slower?

• Yes, seemingly after every major update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, dunno why or when

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Nope, still as fast as ever

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • impossible, as i use multiple SSDs in RAID, accompanied with 16 cores CPU

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
so i got downvoted and flamed hard on other forum after saying Windows 10 updates are crappy and someone need to make performance review after each major update as it become heavier and heavier.

okay, its not just one, but couple of people so adamant about that, that my windows is too dirty... so they probably know some truth right?

thus i format it, install fresh windows 10 1803, using legit ISO directly from microsoft (you can get the link by faking your User Agent as safari). Sure, i probably can use the "Reset" feature, but total wipe and install fresh from ISO would be cleaner right? should have less potential problem right?

oh boy, how i was wrong.

• * start is already broken (all changes will be reset every reboot, filled with stupid down-arrow icon/grid/blocks)
  • * its still slow as snail (even switching tabs in task manager is slow), despite it was fast on the 1st major update and only starts getting slower after FCU and keeps getting slower and slower.
  • * Sony Audio Utility totally borked, so the speakers sounds like crap.
  • * windows indexing wont automatically start.

So now im with slow and broken tablet, on top of that, utter slow 10KB/s internet so googling around to fix problems becomes annoying.

LESSON LEARNED. do full backup before wiping anything.

P.S. I use Windows 10 (upgraded from 8 -> 8.1 -> 10) and Android 8.1 (upgraded from 7 -> 8,1) on that tablet. On Android, its still as fast as usual. Its just on W10 that it keeps getting slower and slower with each major update (on top of the random weird bugs that come and gone).

Last edited:
Fresh Windows install tends to get bogged down by Indexing & its always been super painful having to go through all those settings to get stuff setup the way you want again/getting all the programs you want installed.
Also you may need to do some Driver hunting to make sure everythings running optimal rather than relying on Windows inbuilt drivers.

I was gonna ask, "Where's the option for it just spontaneously lighting on fire since this is an Orangpelupa thread?", but it's actually a good question. :p

When I crashed my PC about a month ago I had to reinstall 10 and it was slow as freaking molasses for a day or two while it got all it's updating/indexing out of its systems. Now it's running just fine and I've ALMOST got it all set up the way I like again.

Give it a bit of time and see if the problem is self-correcting, if not go poking around in startup and services. ;)

I was gonna ask, "Where's the option for it just spontaneously lighting on fire since this is an Orangpelupa thread?", but it's actually a good question. :p

When I crashed my PC about a month ago I had to reinstall 10 and it was slow as freaking molasses for a day or two while it got all it's updating/indexing out of its systems. Now it's running just fine and I've ALMOST got it all set up the way I like again.

Give it a bit of time and see if the problem is self-correcting, if not go poking around in startup and services. ;)

This is weird....

Yep the start menu is fixed by itself. I did nothing....

Did Microsoft actually already have sentient AI?

Back