Retro gaming

Dragon Quest II (NES). I must say that it has the best NES intro I have seen so far, regarding not just a pretty screen, but consisting of a true cinematic clip with action and storytelling.

After all these years...

Gabriel Knight II! :)

At first, the live action graphics looked very weird to me, but I'm getting used to them.

And I could talk all day about the wonders of the first game. One of the best settings/atmosphere in a point and click adventure game. It was very, very special, and the music took a very important part on this. Except for a stupid puzzle, the game was brilliant.

Have any of you played it?

After all these years...

Gabriel Knight II! :)

At first, the live action graphics looked very weird to me, but I'm getting used to them.

And I could talk all day about the wonders of the first game. One of the best settings/atmosphere in a point and click adventure game. It was very, very special, and the music took a very important part on this. Except for a stupid puzzle, the game was brilliant.

Have any of you played it?
alas, I haven't, except a demo of the game back in the day, if I remember correctly. If I am not mistaken...(talking by memory here). Do you remember if there was a demo of the game? I think so and I am almost sure I played it, but heck, do the years fly!
I have that same SF one!! [emoji23]
hehe, is it that cute and stylish as it seems? How much does it cost? I knew you were a jumper in Street Fighter games. xD

alas, I haven't, except a demo of the game back in the day, if I remember correctly. If I am not mistaken...(talking by memory here). Do you remember if there was a demo of the game?
I don't think I can remember, because I think that's something I've never really known. :) I haven't had time to play more, BTW. I hope it's not a bad game. Fingers crossed!

hehe, is it that cute and stylish as it seems? How much does it cost? I knew you were a jumper in Street Fighter games. xD

Oh it’s wasn’t that much, I found it online. It looks exactly like the picture, it’s cute - for a Xmas jumper! I also have a cool Star Wars one. I wonder if I can find the website... let me check.

That game was pure perfection for a NES beat em up. I think it was a technical marvel for the console and it was packed with amazing variety.
The sound quality and soundtrack was the best I have ever heard in a NES game. Each stage was not different only visually but had little intricacies that made the gameplay less repetitive and more interesting.
Each boss was a cool surprise too. I d say that the game covered almost fully the TMNT universe of the 80s-90s including some elements from the movie.

That game was pure perfection for a NES beat em up. I think it was a technical marvel for the console and it was packed with amazing variety.
The sound quality and soundtrack was the best I have ever heard in a NES game. Each stage was not different only visually but had little intricacies that made the gameplay less repetitive and more interesting.
Each boss was a cool surprise too. I d say that the game covered almost fully the TMNT universe of the 80s-90s including some elements from the movie.

been watching the video and it looks very good for a NES. Was this version quite hard like the arcade, which was famous for being so unfair or was it balanced? -judging by the video the gameplay is ok, not cheated AI or something.

As for TMNT, my favourite game ever of the series is the SNES version. I completed it several times with my best childhood friend.

This song still gives me the goosebumps nowadays.

been watching the video and it looks very good for a NES. Was this version quite hard like the arcade, which was famous for being so unfair or was it balanced? -judging by the video the gameplay is ok, not cheated AI or something.

As for TMNT, my favourite game ever of the series is the SNES version. I completed it several times with my best childhood friend.

This song still gives me the goosebumps nowadays.

I think the player is playing it in easy mode. Based on what I remember I think it was pretty balanced though.
Yes the SNES version was great too.
The soundtrack of the TMNT games had a very distinctive style. The SNES version was no exception

edit: wow I just noticed that the final boss music in TMNT 4 is a remastered version of the NES version. Nice :D

Last edited:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/the_first_two_panzer_dragoon_games_are_getting_remade
The First Two Panzer Dragoon Games Are Getting Remade

panzer-dragoon.original.jpg

Back