Serious Damage To A Religious Monument [Davros PC]

Davros

Legend
Several weeks ago I lost a 3tb and a 500gb drive from the saintly Seven Terabytes of gaming goodness.This resulted in the lost of about 250 games.

Let us now take a few moments to mourn their passing, they may not physically exist on The "Sacred Seven Terabytes of Gaming Goodness" anymore but they will live on forever in our hearts.

I decided to bear this terrible burden on my own as i knew if people found out there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and perhaps even ritual suicides among B3D members, they may even of sent me strippers to cheer me up not that I have anything against strippers (afterall digitalWanderer has to make a living somehow)

My suffering did not end there, I was further tortured by error messages saying
"your processor does not support sse4.1"
since i dont own a credit card I have been restricted to local classifieds and people who can deliver looking for anyone selling a socked 775 cpu supporting sse4.2 (Wolfdale/yorkfield) not an easy task.

I did find someone selling the following for £220

Gigabyte ga-z68xp-ud3p motherboard
Intel i5-2400 cpu
8gb crucial ballistics tracer ddr3 ram
Radeon hd 6870 graphic card
128gb ocz ssd
2t hard drive
1t hard drive
Ocz 700w stealth x stream psu
2 dvd-rw drives
4 fan controler plus numerous cables and fan cables
Wireless network card

I asked if there was a case he said he had one but it was fire damaged (his wife had left a candle on it) he'll send me a pic and if I want it I can have it
My thinking was he had a working system and he didnt think anyone would want the case so he just advertised the parts and if someone bought them he would remove them so if I took the case he would deliver a working system.
I really did not want to have to build another p.c especially since my cable management skils are terrible (allthough in fairness to me i've never owned a case with cable management features) and I was expecting the case to be a generic cheap black midi tower case. It turned out to be a full tower (allways wanted one) Antec Dark Fleet df-85 - result
Turned out the pc was in pieces - bah, but its all up and running now
plus just bought a 3tb + 1tb drives so I is back....

What happened to your PC? Was it definitely the cpu?
Just recently my onboard ethernet adapter was always disabled when Windows started and had to disable/enable the adapter for it to work.
I thought it was OS related and tried suggestion on the internet to no avail.

Finally decided to buy a bios chip ($13.00 eBay) to replace the one on my motherboard in case it had become corrupt. I never had done this before and turned out to be a very easy procedure, and when I booted my ethernet adapter was working again.

The cpu was fine it just didnt support sse 4.2 meaning no farcry 5 or ac origins or watchdogs 2 ect also denuvo v5.0 requires sse 4.2

You should aim to get hard drives in a RAID mode which tolerates drive failure(s).

Preferably in a NAS system.That way you'd have two places of worship in the same house. While one may faulter even if for a microsecond, the other will relentlessly keep blasting its shinning light of sanctity over the sorrowndings.

The customary litanies towards the Omnissiah would also help avoiding such tragic accidents

Back