Formula 1 - 2018 Season

Wow that must have been the most exciting race of the season? Can't remember the last time three teams were so close.

Very happy to see Raikonnen win and well deserved. Was he even smiling a couple of times when talking to Brundle? :D

Verstappen did a great job again slicing through the field and keeping Hamilton behind.

Don't know what Vettel is doing but even though he says he doesn't need it, maybe he should have a talk with grosjan's sports psychologist?

As for the Butler, can't they give that second Mercedes seat to somebody that isn't as bland as bland can get? Every time Bottas gets into that car you just know he's not going to be anywhere if the car isn't the fastest by miles.

yup, always nice to see Raikonnen winning a race, but hell, do the F1 became boooooooooring. I rather prefer MotoGP by a long, long shot.

At the Mexican GP qualifying .... Hamilton just needs to finish 7th to wrap up the title on Sunday.

_104052604_meixco_fans_gettys.jpg

Is the guy on the left checking the BBC F1 live text?

Good quali. Danny Ric beating a petulant Verstappen (quali was crap, he said, but he was really quick in every session - boohoo, little entitled blsjkadjdfjadkjdfa)

I am gutted for Danny Ric and I am concerned that the reliability problems will continue in 2019. Renault are hinting of a new combustion engine, Red Bull are saying no Renault are sticking with the spec C for 2019.

Only crumb of comfort is that Honda has still had bad reliability with Toro Rosso. Maybe they'll crack it next year, but I would be worried if I was Red Bull. Honda was always talking it up a storm when they were with McLaren and it NEVER worked out that way.

Meh, who knows? It'll probably be a Mercedes year next year too.

Does the honda really still have such poor reliability? They been doing a lot of swaps but my understanding is that's just because they are slapping new developments.

They may invoke better performance / reliability of the new parts to cover for the fact that they don't know whether the old ones would last, right?

Agreed, Bludd.

Thought it was funny when Hamilton basically blamed him in the cool down room.

I really do not agree with the punishment for Ocon, he is entitled to pass Crashtapen, the bozo desided to put the squeeze on, probably seeing it as a great personal insult, but Ocon was already on or over the white lines trying to avoid the contact, so had nowhere to go. He was clearly quicker at the time, if Crashtapen wasn't such a child, he would've just let him passed.

Horner is really doing this knob no favours constantly trying to make excuses for him. It's getting to his head, and he's starting to believe his own hype.

Well, Crashtapen has to do "two 2 days of public service" for the physical contact with Ocon. I wonder if that includes cleaning public toilets?

Had Verstappen had a brain, he should have just let Ocon go. Who cares if Ocon unlaps himself? Verstappen had a race to win, but now he's reduced to an angry prat.

Ahh all the sucky haters have come out again.

You are all a bunch of very sad people.

Verstappen should have punched that surrender monkey in the face lol.

Ah and props to all the whiners saying Crashtappen and the calling him a brat. Intelligence much :')

Fact is, we have a race leader taken out by somebody in 16th or whatever, not even close to scoring any points, trying to unlap himself in a slower car for what reason exactly? If any that is extremely poor judgement on Ocons part. The fact that he, again, refuses to take even the slightest bit of blame says a lot as well.

Bug failure on the stewards part as well. 10 sec stop and go while already way down the field for taking out the leader? Yeah, might as well not give a penalty.

Did Ocon even get any points on his license? Grosjean has been collecting point for far less.

But it doesn't matter, Verstappen has again shown he's very quick and driving very well as he's been since Monaco. If the Honda engine is half decent next year we'll be in for a treat.

Bug failure on the stewards part as well. 10 sec stop and go while already way down the field for taking out the leader? Yeah, might as well not give a penalty.
10 second stop-and-go is the harshest sanction before outright disqualification. Ocon also received 3 penalty points to his license.

IMO, the penalty was proportional and fair. Verstappens' behaviour afterwards was unacceptable (if understandable).

Cheers

Back