XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

It was specified that not all of them would be available to do it with. It did depend on some factors, but unsure of what.
It's also been a very long time since there's been an enhanced game.
Think his name is Ryan from ign, noticed that many of the (was on) backcompat team was in the xcloud video. Which easily leads people to wonder if that's taken a hit on the bc enhanced games.
BC is pretty big for Ms, enhanced was a huge cherry on cake.
They've been pretty quiet about it, hopefully xo18 they will have good news. Once again, not holding breath though.

I installed Crysis 2 on my One S.
The performance seemed suprisingly bad. Might have just been that intro area, which ran very poorly on 360.

I guess MS gave up on enhancing BC titles for X. Been a while without a single upgraded title.

It's also been a very long time since there's been an enhanced game.

How is it I'm the only one that knows about the 6 new One X enhanced X360 games?

https://gamenewscity.com/2018/10/08/⚙️-gears-of-war-2-xbox-one-x-enhanced-gameplay-4k-patched/

Those new Xbox One X-enhanced titles include Rockstar Games’ open-world Western Red Dead Redemption and Epic Games’ third-person shooter Gears of War 2.

Sega’s Sonic Generations, which was originally released on Xbox 360 in 2011, also joins the list of backward compatible games — and it too is now Xbox One X enhanced.

Rounding out the list are Vigil Games’ Darksiders, Valve’s Portal 2 and LucasArts’ Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Those six new Xbox One X Enhanced games go live today.

Today’s updates bring the number of Xbox One X-enhanced Xbox 360 games to 17. In February, Microsoft added The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Forza Horizon, Fable Anniversary and Crackdown to the list, joining Assassin’s Creed, Fallout 3, Gears of War 3, Halo 3, Mirror’s Edge, The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion and Skate 3.

Right... I think the difference was between the initial announcements back in April and the updates actually being available. What's odd is some Major Nelson and Xbox Live pages link back to the initial 11 titles for One X enhanced titles and you need to dig in different areas to see all 17 listed. So it's like MS doesn't even know about them. :LOL:

It certainly would be nice to see more titles added for One X enhancements.

Right... I think the difference was between the initial announcements back in April and the updates actually being available. What's odd is some Major Nelson and Xbox Live pages link back to the initial 11 titles for One X enhanced titles and you need to dig in different areas to see all 17 listed. So it's like MS doesn't even know about them. :LOL:

It certainly would be nice to see more titles added for One X enhancements.

well then.. x enhanced? shit I still have orange box.. that i never finished!

it looks like Castlevania Lord of Shadow games run now at 60 fps compared to the unlocked 30-30 whatever of the original games. I wonder how other games like my favourite Call of Juarez which also had unlocked framerate on the X360 can run on the XBX.

That's part of the December Games with Gold, Mercenaries is December 16th - 31st.

Has there been an article or discussion on how they enhance the 360 titles on X. Specifically how much work is required to get it to happen, I.e should we expect titles already compatible to be patched?

I assume there is a testing cost so that probably rules out many smaller titles which is a shame as there I am reading the 360 back catalogue for.couch coop driving games at the moment, a real lack on the Xbox One I feel.

Back