Warframe [PS4, XO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hells yeah!

Warframe just shown on the Nintendo Switch!!!

Ported by Panic Button, though.

Fortuna the next big expansion.
  1. Build your own guns.
  2. Build your own Moa combat pets! Ooooh.
  3. Set on Venus
  4. Open world, you'll be able to go onto the surface. Looks amazing.
  5. Much larger than Plains of Eidolon.
  6. New hover boards for overland movement to help with the larger distances.
    1. You can even do mid air tricks with them.
  7. You can track and capture animals. Actually looks pretty cool.
    1. Uses a futuristic version of MGS5's fulton device to extract them. :D
  8. And introducing Space combat in space ships! Hot damn. Think it's called Railjack.
    1. And it looks AMAZING.
    2. Multi-crew ships with turrets, pilot station, and a ships operation station.
    3. You can get boarded and have to defend your ship during space combat.
    4. You can also choose to exit the ship and fight in your Arch Wing.
      1. Do this to board enemy ships and fight the enemy on their ship.
      2. During this your ship mates back on your ship can hack some of the systems on the enemy ship while you fight on that ship.
    5. If you look out the window of the ship you are fighting on, you'll be able to see your ship outside being crewed if it's on the side with the window!!!
    6. They show the enemy ship destroyed while you are on it, then you have to escape the ship while it is exploding.
    7. You can also upgrade and customize your ship.
    8. Railjack seems to also be about opening up more areas of space beyond the Earth Solar system within which Warframe is set.
  9. As usual, completely free.
  10. Teased the next Cinematic quest, The Old/New War. I'm sooo excited!!!!!!
At this point my mind is completely blown. That's like 2 NORMAL GAMES, as a free expansio

I don't even know what to say. I'm completely blown away by how much they have grown and how much they invest in the game. As they get more people and more money, they invest that right into the game making the game world bigger, introducing new gameplay elements, and...just...WOW!

And it can all be played 100% free. While I've been regularly giving them money, I haven't used any of the plat I've bought. I've traded in game for plat if I want to get something with plat just like a 100% free player would do (and there are a lot of them). But I still give them money because the game is so fricken amazing.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
The Tennocon reveals were amazing. If only they could add some cinematic and story to the early game, a lot more players would get into it. Almost all of the uber good quests are accessible once you are 100+ hours into it.

I love warframe, it is developing really well.

Hello, I have not played Warframe for two months - the game seems boring to me, and to use better mods, you have to play a lot of time. Something has changed?

Hello, I have not played Warframe for two months - the game seems boring to me, and to use better mods, you have to play a lot of time. Something has changed?

A new open world map (HUGE) has been released with a ton of new content.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1025679-fortuna-update-240/

Warframe isn't for everyone, if you like the gameplay loop, it's great, if you don't it probably isn't. That said, out of all the games on the market, it has by far the best combination of movement, gunplay and melee (including Arcade Fighter style melee combo moves), IMO. Hence, why I've been playing it for the past 6+ years. It's changed a LOT in that time. :)

The Second Dream is also when they got really serious with introducing compelling story content and an evolving storyline. Some people wanting story might end up quitting before getting to experience it, which is a shame.

Regards,
SB

OK, me and ~310k people are watching Tennocon live on Twitch. It's also on MIxer live.

I'm probably posting only for myself, but there might be someone else interested in this stuff. :)

Play from July to Dec. for a chance to actually go to Space. Additional chances per day played during that time. 1 person will win 250k USD towards a trip to space. Hope I don't win because I don't want to go to space. :p

Damn, the new Warframe cinematic is awesome. Oh, it's the new opening cinematic for the game.

New trailer for the next story drop...

Due to the next gen consoles coming up, the rendering engine has been updated. OMG IT LOOKS SO INCREDIBLE. The Lighting and REFLECTIONS. Nice.

Empyrean (formerly Railjack) looks impressive. You customize your battlecruiser in visuals and functional components (shields, weapons, drones, etc.). The crew can be hired and fired, each with specializations and stats. The lighting is amazing.

You can bring people along to man stations on the ship (navigation, weapons, resource gathering, etc.). You or they can exit the ship and enter your Archwings to fly in space solo alongside the ship. You or they can then go to ships or asteroids or whatever and fight on them in your Warframe while the person that remains on the ship can help guide you by putting waypoints in your HUD for the people outside doing battle or by using ship abilities to support them.

The ship to ship space combat (capital ship) looks amazing. While some of your group is doing the capital ship battle in space, you can launch some of your party into the other ship to infiltrate it and attempt to sabotage it from the inside. If you can get to the helm, you can commandeer the ship and fly it yourself in the mission.

Whoa and now for the "boss" capital ship. Looks like your ship can also be boarded which forces your team to defend your ship while still conducting the shp to ship combat in space.

Whoa, squad link is something I can't properly describe but it looks awesome. But basically a distress call was sent out when a ground station projected a shield onto the boss capital ship. Another squad on the ground received the signal and became part of the mission. They are now tasked with destroying the ground station providing shielding to the ship in space.

This whole thing with Empyrean could be it's own game, but it's free and coming to Warframe.

OK that was a creepy end...The Duviri Paradox. Super creepy.

I'm still amazed at how much content Warframe provides for free.

Regards,
SB

Holy crapola. I was expecting this, but not THIS.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1151428-empyrean-update-27/

It's almost overwhelming. I expected a new game mode. But I didn't expect it to be quite this extensive. The sheer amount of stuff put into having your own pilotable combat vessel in Warframe is almost overwhelming.

For console players this will be available in Apox. 2 weeks. But if you play Warframe or are interested in this, start now. They've enabled the building of your Railjack (ship) which has been on PC for approx. 2 weeks already. It takes a few days to finish building your own ship.

Alternatively you can crew up with someone who has built a ship.

I've got my ship built, but I feel almost lost looking at this and just how much this expands the game. This could potentially have been the basis of a stand alone game in its own right.

It's the first time in a while where I feel I need to read the manual...erm, I mean documentation before playing.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back