Retro gaming

I look at these every so often but I've more than a few reviews generally note poor build quality. Maybe the 2018 model is better.

Gotta love Chinese tech websites: "Enthusiast level control, create ultimate feeling" :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at these every so often but I've more than a few reviews generally note poor build quality. Maybe the 2018 model is better.

Gotta love Chinese tech websites: "Enthusiast level control, create ultimate feeling" :yes:

Well (touch wood) my GP Wiz has been thoroughly used and abused and it's still 100% with good battery life. I think the key is getting a second hand unit from someone you can trust.

Regarding the GDP XD - I've not had a lot of use so far but it seems fine. As far as the 2018 model goes, I heard the older units are better (but I can't recall why). Ultimately I'd like the GDP WIN but that's out of my 'justification' price bracket.

Just to add - I'm still setting up my GPD XD, the ultimate goal is to have it hooked up to the TV with a couple of wireless controllers giving me a 'front room arcade/retrostation'. When I want to go portable I can just unplug and away I go.

Seems to good an idea not to implement with a total cost ~ £130 which to me seems a bargain :)

I have most the consoles for real in the loft, one day I hope to get the gaming cabin (which has a full size arcade cabinet!) all setup so you can play any console quite easily...setting them up is not such an easy task with all the different input/output types! lol

GAMEBOY1.0.jpg

Gameboysneakers3.jpg

269447.jpg

SNESJordan43.jpg

I cringe hard on the whole "geek culture" thing, but those sneakers are damn cool. Too bad it will mostly be worn by zitty virgins.
there is a lot of geek-ism in people like you, gamers who play video games assiduously and like them a lot.

Those who intensely plan their session of Dark Souls and study each movement.

Or those who prepare each arcade game so they can 1cc it, or scream all excited.

What do you mean by zitty?

The game that comes to my mind when I think about retro games is Contra. As a child, I played in Contra with my older brother. In my opinion it was the best Co-Op game that was created on NES.

amazing what some can do with Doom 2 and a sourceport. That doesn't look like idTech1.

What does it mean Doom 2? This CAN'T be Doom 2's engine...can it?

Yeah, like cyan said. It's based on the doom engine, just with greatly extended capabilities. It uses opengl, so it can handle 3D models fine.

Back