Praey for the Gods (Shadow of Colossus style game) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Only $5k to go with 11 days left! :)

Anyone else getting this? At just $15 for PC and $25 for console (now no longer needing to hit the tretch goal) it looks like a bargain!

It's only a bargain if it actually comes out (many Kickstarters never come out) and is finished (many kicksters that do get released are never finished) and is actually decent (Mighty No. 9 is the most recent example of something that was very bad).

I only say that because I always see people get so upset if a game they backed never comes out, or never gets finished, or sucks, or gets delayed. Anytime you crowd fund something you should always be prepared for one of those possibilities.

That said, I Kickstarted it since I don't mind losing money if this one doesn't ever come out or sucks. I assume it won't come out so I won't be disappointed either way. But I like that they are actually trying to make it, so why not give them some help. And if a good game actually comes out? Bonus! :D

Regards,
SB

And funded!

I suppose this just seems quite far down the line, looking at it it seems the main gameplay is likely in place they are now just needing the funding to get it over the line...it seems a bit like a dragons den - this can't be completed with what we have but with some cash injection we can. It seems also that it's quite well structured, so no it has been funded we should get the basics of the game but if they get more funding (it will now switch to paypal funding) they can add more things onto the game.

I think they've really thought it through and I feel a lot more comfortable than one of the ones where it's more a concept with just some art and very basic modelling.

Anyway, as you said - at ~£10 it's not a big risk, I was quite surprised the console versions were relatively cheap.

I d love to know more

What do you want to know? It's gameplay seems similar to SotC with a bit more going on such as there are also smaller enemies to defeat and you have to craft and survive. It's coming to PC first then console (committed via kickstarter stretch targets being hit). Any specific Qs just shout - I'm no expert I just wanted something that played like SotC because it's one of my favourite games.

There's a newsletter you can sign up to here;

https://www.praeyforthegods.com/

Back