Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

The rendering engine change it seems some part are done rasterizing cubes mix with point/splat rendering.

Last edited:

BAFTA talk of Siobhan Reddy about Media Molecule story and Dreams

t4UiLse.gif

Made in Dreams

Made in Dreams it looks like a little Tunic an indie game

https://78.media.tumblr.com/45acf64ebc5c45a933a5c97fe55c5454/tumblr_odqdytiez61u4rawro2_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Many cool ideas:

How to make a platformer (and other cool stuff):

This is so... I mean, just look at 20:44 and other stuff you're able to do. Genius!

Is this going to be like LBP where the majority of people try out the creation tools and then give up, with only a few becoming skilled enough to create worthwhile content, or have Media Molecule finally succeeded in democratising game devlopment?

Is this going to be like LBP where the majority of people try out the creation tools and then give up, with only a few becoming skilled enough to create worthwhile content? Or have Media Molecule finally succeeded in democratising game devlopment?
And how exactly can we know now how things are going to be for an unreleased game or if MM already has succeeded?

Is this going to be like LBP where the majority of people try out the creation tools and then give up, with only a few becoming skilled enough to create worthwhile content, or have Media Molecule finally succeeded in democratising game devlopment?

I think the demography will break down in the same sort of way, but more favourably weighted towards creators.

The tools are more dynamic, the scope for creation can be larger, but it can be much smaller instead, if all you want to do is make trumpet loops. All of that satisfies a pretty broad demographic, moreso than LBP managed.

How many million of levels were created in LBP again? ;) In the main though I understand what you mean, but I think this game is different, even just because the content creation tools are of a completely different level.

I was thinking about this just the other day, and probably the main barrier is everything needs to be created 'from scratch'. In LBP, you had characters with emotes you could drop into a creation (movie) and have them act, plus drop on costumes to give them personality, so creating simple stuff was easy. I haven't seen the same in Dreams, though of course you have premade items you'll be able to share and use. But that means that there's a whole load of work needed to create characters in Dreams.

It's traded work for quality. Far more quality and variety is possible, but with an increase in creator's effort to achieve that. My animation took some weeks, maybe a couple of months, in LBP. The same in Dreams would look a lot more professional but I can't see it taking less than many months to achieve a better quality result.

Back