Retro gaming

An example of how history can be written arbitrarily sometimes, I finally found the name of the game PlayStation Magazine scored with a 8 in the same issue they scored Castlevania Symphony of the Night with a meagre 7! :mad::mad:

In that issue we see a game remembered until the end of our days, which is Johnny Bazookatone --scored with a 8. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I finally finished Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior (NES original). There are some things I miss from the Final Fantasy saga, but I prefer the story and the fact that I don't have to pick up a profession (which avoids stupid situations in which you have to change it just for one boss fight), and I didn't mind being only one character. It felt more personal that way, maybe...

new Larry Leisure Suit: Wet Dream Don't Dry trailers:

Imho, Larry doesn't look very familiar, because he looks more like this, since forever.... Small, potbellied...

3vZBTl5-1.jpg

1372860478-leisure-suit-larry-reloaded-2.jpg

lsl1r_discodancing_trimmed-669x272.jpg

^Hm, I've never played any of Larry's games... I didn't like the main character the first time I saw it and my perception has stayed the same over the years.

What could you say to convince me to take a liking to him? :D

I have some fond memories of that machine, when I used to go one of my friends' house when I was a kid, and we played Sonic and Mortal Kombat. :)

I loved Mega Turrican. The unsung hero of the franchise if you ask me. Also played it at a friend's house. My parents were, shall we say, video game sceptics.

I loved Mega Turrican. The unsung hero of the franchise if you ask me. Also played it at a friend's house. My parents were, shall we say, video game sceptics.
My parents let me play videogames and even played some with me or on their own. That'd be cool until you know that I was only allowed to play some games, and I'm not even talking about avoiding very violent games (which I don't like, anyway), I'm talking about avoiding magic, basically. So yes... I was left with just a few options. XD

This game was insane. It had a superb gory atmosphere, multiple routes and multiple story progresses

Happy 30th

DqmprEDU0AExJfH.jpg:large
Snif snif… so many memories.

I started as a PC gamer, just a few years later, but my best childhood friend had the Megadrive, and we dedicated so many hours to its amazing games.

From SF2 and its 24Mb in the Megadrive, Mortal Kombat 2, Thunderforce IV, Moonwalker by Michael Jackson, and then the MegaCD and the Sega 32X....etc etc.

On Sunday our parents took us to mass and when we returned, on rainy days, we spent the entire afternoon playing the Megadrive.

Before the Megadrive he had the NES and I recall more diffusely watching him play the Twin Bee - that game, graphics and music - but the Megadrive was the best, imho, from playing Sonic, to Streets of Rage 2... Castle of Illusion, Altered Beast.., etc.

I am not the most loyal Sega fan, but still long life Sega.

^Hm, I've never played any of Larry's games... I didn't like the main character the first time I saw it and my perception has stayed the same over the years.

What could you say to convince me to take a liking to him? :D
it depends whether you like humorous sexy games or not. Had I to recommend you a version in order to start liking Larry's games, I'd start with Larry 6, Larry 7 -probably the best- or the remake of Larry 1 -wouldn't recommend the original if your eyes can't handle the prehistoric resolution-.

Also, instead of becoming frustrated to solve the puzzles, I'd read a guide or FAQ and enjoy the game how it should be. That's what I did in the case of some Larry games and it made the experience much more enjoyable, as I like easter eggs and stuff like that and collect everything. Some details are the typical stuff you'd never find by yourself.

it depends whether you like humorous sexy games or not. Had I to recommend you a version in order to start liking Larry's games, I'd start with Larry 6, Larry 7 -probably the best- or the remake of Larry 1 -wouldn't recommend the original if your eyes can't handle the prehistoric resolution-.

Also, instead of becoming frustrated to solve the puzzles, I'd read a guide or FAQ and enjoy the game how it should be. That's what I did in the case of some Larry games and it made the experience much more enjoyable, as I like easter eggs and stuff like that and collect everything. Some details are the typical stuff you'd never find by yourself.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?! I thought you knew me better! :no::D How can I play NES games and even open a retro thread if I don't love big pixels (as I always say)?

I specially like the looks of old point and click adventure games in 256 colors. I've spoken several times here the wonders of old gems such as Laura Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra, the first Monkey Island, Gabriel Knight, etc.

Oh, now that I remember, I have to continue with Gabriel Knight, the saga. :love: Do you know them?

Last edited:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?! I thought you knew me better! :no::D How can I play NES games and even open a retro thread if I don't love big pixels (as I always say)?

I specially like the looks of old point and click adventure games in 256 colors. I've spoken several times here the wonders of old gems such as Laura Bow and de Dagger of Amon Ra, the first Monkey Island, Gabriel Knight, etc.

Oh, now that I remember, I have to continue with Gabriel Knight, the saga. :love: Do you know them?
Gabriel Knight..., yes, I remember it from playing it on my first PC back in the mid to late 90s. However I only played the demo, although I enjoyed the game and the music, the setting... but didnt purchase it.

as for Larry, hehe, all I remember from playing Larry 1 and failing to complete the game is that I bought the entire series at GoG and the game was running on a very small screen, plus the controls were a bit clumsy, so I got the remake back then.

Laura Bow..., I've never played it :/. As for Monkey Island, yes I played the original game and the remaster.

Anyone into retro gaming I can highly recommend the GDP XD - awesome machine, around the size of the 3DS XL - powerful enough to play some Dreamcast games (well Crazy Taxi at least - not had chance to try others) if you put LegacyROM on it!

blue-gpd-screenshot0161-625x440.jpg

Or, if you're happy to play up to Amiga level or want a small pocket sized handheld, the GP2X Wiz is an amazing little machine - and I mean little with a lush OLED screen.
GP2X-Wiz-Pocket-Console-Game-Emulator.jpg

Back