Red Dead Redemption 2

Played some more yellow missions and the pace finally picked up a bit...some interesting missions and some interesting stuff happened...yeah!!

Also, Arthur's character seems to be a bit like Wolverine's character...so I start to like him, lol. It also helped that I made him a Wolverine beard :cool:

Just entered chapter 3.

You'll either love the gameplay design decisions Rockstar made, or hate them. It would explain the polarised views and why there isn't much middle ground.

There's nothing to love with their broken animation system, which albeit looks amazing in motion, hurts the core gameplay experience so much you start to think if it's worth the cost. That's my one major annoyance with the game, I'm loving everything else so far. Speaking of which, this is one of the most cinematic games I've played this gen, it's almost like TO1886 in an open world, which is absurd :p

reddeadredemption2_20tifdt.jpg

reddeadredemption2_20inilk.jpg

reddeadredemption2_20l9fmx.jpg

reddeadredemption2_20jqc1p.jpg

reddeadredemption2_200lck4.jpg

I think that's probably the best lighting I've seen in a game, and to think that's in an open world game of this scale it's insane what they managed to do with RDR2.

There is one game mechanic (or say, one of the many) I do not get and would like to understand: when you do a mission and you get your money reward, say 500 dollars. It then says on screen -300 dollars cut for the gang. But when I get back to the camp, the camp money is still at 55 dollars...???

So where does the money go?

i'm mad.
Why do i keep doing this like thise instead of playing the damn game ?

Damn you Karamazov for linking all these videos.

Makes me want to get a console again since it isn't yet on PC. Good thing I don't have time to play games. I just recently got rid of all of my consoles except the Switch. Even my modded original Xbox and my launch PS2.

I have to say, this is probably the most impressive package (graphics, animation, physics, etc.) I've seen in the past 10+ years.

It's like they saw what Zelda: BOTW did in making a world feel real and then turned the dial up to 11 by adding gorgeous graphics.

It's such an accomplishment in game development that I'm not even mad it's not on PC. I just want it to come to PC ASAP. :p

If it supported Mouse and Keyboard on an XBO-X, oh boy would I be hard pressed not to get it.

Regards,
SB

this is probably going to be my game of the generation. I don't necessarily mean it's addicting or anything like that. It's quite a slow game. Everything is slow, no fast travel etc. You're going to spend more time looking and exploring, I abuse the cinematic camera a lot.

But this game is polished so extensively. So much detail to the littlest things, mainly animations, but overall just about everything.
Its take on story and pacing, design in general feels next generation - as all that game design theory was really put to work here. Each quest has a purpose, the writing and dialog is great.

A lot of people love the graphics and it's easily amongst the best, but this is the first time I've played such a polished title, the world, the rivers, the animations, the snow, the horses, it's just an insane attention to detail that I can really declare it a step above all others.
That being said, how long it took to make this game, doesn't bode well for seeing more games like this, except those made by Rockstar.

There are still graphical problems, like flickering and stuff if you adjust the camera in such a specific ways where the player model is occluded, some things start to bug out.
But aside from that, fantastic 'cowboy life' simulator.

But as a player you really got to figure out how to make this game fun for you if you aren't trying to progress the main storyline.

Damn you Karamazov for linking all these videos.

Makes me want to get a console again since it isn't yet on PC. Good thing I don't have time to play games. I just recently got rid of all of my consoles except the Switch. Even my modded original Xbox and my launch PS2.

I have to say, this is probably the most impressive package (graphics, animation, physics, etc.) I've seen in the past 10+ years.

It's like they saw what Zelda: BOTW did in making a world feel real and then turned the dial up to 11 by adding gorgeous graphics.

It's such an accomplishment in game development that I'm not even mad it's not on PC. I just want it to come to PC ASAP. :p

If it supported Mouse and Keyboard on an XBO-X, oh boy would I be hard pressed not to get it.

Regards,
SB
those wanting a PC version of the game are in luck. Some internal files of the game hint at a PC version! :oops::D

https://rockstarintel.com/red-dead-redemption-2-companion-app-files-hint-to-pc-version/

So many things about this game piss me off and keep it from being more than a 8/10 so far. Too much horse riding, clunky controls, broken crime/wanted system, etc. Sure it looks good, but is fun to play? Half the time I'm battling the controls and convoluted button mappings. It reminds me of the Witcher in that regard.

I think that's probably the best lighting I've seen in a game, and to think that's in an open world game of this scale it's insane what they managed to do with RDR2.

IQQOerf.png

(XBX version)

Yeah, the lighting and shaders are exceptional in this game. The game looks better than HZD imo, at least on X. Their lighting reminds me that of Uncharted 4.

Very impressive that they managed to get that quality on X at native 4K + stable framerate.

The game looks better than HZD imo, at least on X.

The game looks better than HZD even on the Ps4 Pro. Even though they could've improved image quality a bit it's not too bad (playing on a 4K monitor and it's pretty good). The only upcoming game I can see topping this in terms of visual quality is TLOU2 but ND really need to step up their game when it comes to shadowmap filtering, UC4 had some pretty ugly shadows in some spots (they improved a lot in TLL though).

damn, i just did a debt collector quest, had to punch the poor guy who did not seem to be a bad man at all, i really felt bad for him, i hate those kind of missions when the game is so realistic.
so... did you
kill the guys on the train? and the guy who spots you at black water but is hanging off a cliff?

Back