Just Cause 4

I caught some early 'gameplay' - mostly people messing about with the new physics mechanics - and it looks nuts. I do like the new visual aesthetic they've gone for as well.

and though JC3 was on PS4/XBO, this was still cross gen, this is the first "this gen" JC, and it shows massive improvements !

"Smart AI" is merely prioritising using the most powerful weapon in the area. The driving belays how 'unsmart' the AI is and driving which is where most AI falls down. In comparison the driving AI in GTA V is scary good, the AI will never get stuck forever, it will also improvise even if it requires driving off the road or forcing its way through. :yes: It basically mimics most driving decisions made by people who drive in New York: "Have I been stationary for more than 4 seconds? If yes, then fuck everybody, I have somewhere to be so drive on the sidewalk. If the sidewalk isn't accessible, barge my way through other vehicles.".

Simples! :runaway:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the gunner was obviously the captain while the driver was a simple grunt :LOL:

i wonder if in such games, devs introduce different levels of AI, to better mimic society.

I don't even touch a game that does not properly simulate each character's dick size and how that affects their confidence, agressiveness, hierarchical status etc...

I tried the game because it was on the PS Plus, but I don't know... it's not as good as JC3 was and I stopped playing it. I had more fun with Middle-earth: Shadow of War and I'm not even into the LotR lore.

I tried the game because it was on the PS Plus, but I don't know... it's not as good as JC3 was and I stopped playing it. I had more fun with Middle-earth: Shadow of War and I'm not even into the LotR lore.

The early game sucks all the fun out of what JC3 was. Maybe it improves later but I couldn't be bothered.

My boys and I love this game. I won't hear a bad word said against the series.

Back