Red Dead Redemption 2

Just a friendly reminder, this thread is not for comparisons between games, so please don't post any.

I'm playing on the Pro, and it looks and runs phenomenally. If I took a screenshot, magnified it, and looked at every edge of every surface, I may find issue with the IQ.

But since I play games like any other person, I get to enjoy one of the most beautiful games this generation.

But it certainly seems as though Rockstar have elected to use quite a strange method of upscaling. Here's hoping they patch it. Moreover, I doubt I'm alone in the Pro and X1X contingent in wanting a 1080p enhanced mode.

But given how Rockstar have avoided any kind of Pro and X1X patches for GTAV, in spite of it still selling like hotcakes and generating revenue on those platforms, I'm not going to hold my breath.

There are so many things that baffle my mind that I can't list them all

There're definitely some issues according to your impressions. But it's very probable that Rockstar will fix some of them.

I can already see many patches coming.

It is exactly the 95+ that brings me to the conclusion that modern gaming reviews are dead, cause of sell outs.

I don't contest your point enterely. But 80 is still good in my book.

I saw some complaints about the control setup but then some said switching to Third-Person-Shooter scheme alleviated their issues and also that there is an option to disable the Tap-X to Run throwback to GTA3-style control.

Games are more than the sum of their parts. I haven't played this yet, but I could make a huge list of similar issues with RDR and it became one of my favorite games and a generational achievement. RDR immersed you in a Spaghetti Western in a way that even movies couldn't do and encapsulates what makes gaming special. I'm hoping RDR 2 continues the same path and elevates it.

iHAoJ5v.png
Ok, I'm sold.

For everything it does amazingly good it's still a bit of a chore to play, the input lag is just insane, the game just feels unresponsive because of it, but I guess it gets better after you adjust to it. I'm all in for realism but they really need to figure out what's going on with their engine when it comes to input response. GTA V felt just as bad to play, I don't think this is acceptable on such a big AAA release.

For everything it does amazingly good it's still a bit of a chore to play, the input lag is just insane, the game just feels unresponsive because of it, but I guess it gets better after you adjust to it. I'm all in for realism but they really need to figure out what's going on with their engine when it comes to input response. GTA V felt just as bad to play, I don't think this is acceptable on such a big AAA release.
which version of GTA V did you play?

which version of GTA V did you play?

Every single one of them, dropped them all because of the input lag and sluggish gameplay. Luckily I enjoy westerns a hell of a lot more so I'll probably keep playing RDR2, loved the first one as well despite the gameplay.

It may be better on X since it's the console with the best framerate. Unless you already play on X ?

It may be better on X since it's the console with the best framerate. Unless you already play on X ?

It's nothing to do with framerate(even though it would be better at 60 fps), I play it on the Ps4 Pro and it maintains 30 locked for pretty much 99% of what I've played. It's just input lag in every single R* game.

It's nothing to do with framerate(even though it would be better at 60 fps), I play it on the Ps4 Pro and it maintains 30 locked for pretty much 99% of what I've played. It's just input lag in every single R* game.

Strange that DF didn't test the input lag in this game while they didn't miss it for the last Tomb Raider.

But i guess there's a lot of pressure with such a big game.

I just checked going back to AC Odyssey (still capped at 30) and the difference in input lag is like going from 30 to 60, or at least it feels like it. They must be doing something really dumb with how they handle input and/or how they buffer and present frames for it to feel that bad :p

Edit: Someone on reddit took a video of what I'm talking about in action: https://streamable.com/oc4jc

Last edited:
I just checked going back to AC Odyssey (still capped at 30) and the difference in input lag is like going from 30 to 60, or at least it feels like it. They must be doing something really dumb with how they handle input and/or how they buffer and present frames for it to feel that bad :p

Edit: Someone on reddit took a video of what I'm talking about in action: https://streamable.com/oc4jc

Wow, it must be the highest input lag i've ever seen. But in my opinion, it's a technical compromise and not some bad coding from Rockstar.

I mean the game is so impressive and complex...

It's the drawback of them using Euphoria procedural animation system, which hasn't progressed at all in regards to input response time.

the game does not have the finest textures, but has all small details like this !

OK, that's the most impressive thing I've seen in a video game recently. That feels next gen to me with regards to making the world feel "alive" or "real". Amazing attention to detail.

Regards,
SB

Back