Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...is-very-dumb-aka-squadron-42-is-racist.74879/

Star Citizen accused of racism on Resetera just because the cast is mainly white... the mentalilty on Restera is really insupportable. I mean, that victimization spirit is such ridiculous.

Personally i only care about if a game is good and if i doesn't like something personally, i don't buy the game and i won't cry on the Internet...

There's even the expression "white supremacist" in some of the posts... some of the guy in this forum have a real problem... they are obseded by ethnicity. I didn't even noticed that the cast was mainly white before they mentionned it, because i don't even care about those kind of things.

Also, if you want something, don't beg it, make it yourself. So, if you're obsessed by ethnicity, create your own game full of minorities instead of crying...

Last edited:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/making-an-all-white-sci-fi-game-is-very-dumb-aka-squadron-42-is-racist.74879/

Star Citizen accused of racism on Resetera just because the cast is mainly white... the mentalilty on Restera is really insupportable. I mean, that victimization spirit is such ridiculous.

Personally i only care about if a game is good and if i doesn't like something personally, i don't buy the game and i won't cry on the Internet...

There's even the expression "white supremacist" in some of the posts... some of the guy in this forum have a real problem... they are obseded by ethnicity. I didn't even noticed that the cast was mainly white before they mentionned it, because i don't even care about those kind of things.

Also, if you want something, don't beg it, make it yourself. So, if you're obsessed by ethnicity, create your own game full of minorities instead of crying...

I hardly know such sites and thought it was trolling first. Then I remembered some reddit AMA posts from 22.06.2018 (searched it again) where some where angry because there were no transandroids (more than 100 likes) etc. in Detroit. Probably they were really serious about that. It's very strange and some people seem to go crazy about such things. Developers should simply take actors who are suitable for the roles and don't orient themselves on quotas etc.

FOIP can work great, although it does not animate eyelids it seems

Often, however, it does not work for third Players yet. So when external players look at another player with FOIP.

My first ever flight outside of the Olisar in the PU. I choose a good time to test the game out. :)

3.3 is a large step forward. Before I recommended it only for hardcore fans but soon it is in a state where it would be accessible to the masses. Let's see how many bugs they fix until this 3.3 version becomes public in a week or so.
I think SC will be in the beta in about a year. Although only with Stanton but with far advanced game systems.

Last edited:
I hardly know such sites and thought it was trolling first. Then I remembered some reddit AMA posts from 22.06.2018 (searched it again) where some where angry because there were no transandroids (more than 100 likes) etc. in Detroit. Probably they were really serious about that. It's very strange and some people seem to go crazy about such things. Developers should simply take actors who are suitable for the roles and don't orient themselves on quotas etc.

100% agree.

Edit : and people with other opinions are banned. Resetera is a Stalinian website :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-...ted-in-squadron-42.74879/page-4#post-13814429 (message 197)

Last edited:
Count me in to call out CIG's hypocrisy, lies, deception and any time of the day, but Resetera (and Neogaf before it) is a den of extremists who self-feed on PC-hatred.
Don't read it. Ignore it. Talking about them makes them grow in relevance.

It's not just Resetera, as that attitude is boosted by most gaming media sites.
You'll find Eurogamer's interview with CD Projekt RED about Cyberpunk 2077 quite entertaining.
Half the interview was about pressing the dev about the player being able to choose a transsexual character. Dev kept saying "uuuh.. you can choose either gender and there are lots of body customization options..?" but the interview wasn't satisfied until he got the self-serving attitude of telling the dev that players were totally interested in choosing non-binary characters, whatever that means.
So yes, Eurogamer, despite your insistent warnings I will keep using my adblock on you.

Count me in to call out CIG's hypocrisy, lies, deception and any time of the day, but Resetera (and Neogaf before it) is a den of extremists who self-feed

That's the word : extremist. They make intellectual terrorism. They are the actual racists since they are obseded by ethnicity... when i only see characters in a game, they actually see if they are whites, blacks, asian, etc.

I don't care if a game is full of "minorities". My point is that developers should just fell themselves free to do what they want to do. If they freely want a game full of LGBT, then i'm fine with that. If they did it due to intellectual terrorism, then it's becoming wrong to me.

Also, those persons don't want to follow the rules of capitalism. Just make your own fucking game and see if you're able to sell it. No, they want to impose their views to others because they know that the mass market is not interested by their bullshits.

The past few posts reminds me of something a half filipino/half Ethiopian friend of mine likes to say to our white friends.

"Man, you white folks need to relax and unclench your buttcheeks. Always getting upset about the racial slurs against races that aren't yours. Let me get upset if I want to get upset, I don't need you folk telling me that I need to get upset." :p

IMO, the world would be better place if no one was allowed to ask another person what race they are. Not the government, not schools, not jobs, no-one. And all interviews must be conducted blind with the interviewer not able to see the person they are interviewing. Kind of cool that there are some job sites online that do just that, blind interviews for companies so that race never enters into the equation of whether a person gets hired. And interesting to see the list of companies that are starting to use them.

Can't be racially biased either for or against a race, if you have no idea what race the person is.

It's one reason I liked the internet before all this race crap started entering into things. Back then no one knew the race of the other person. Black, white, yellow, brown, pink, whatever. A person is just a person.

Pisses me off when someone acts like an ass, gets called out on it, then claims it's all racially motivated by the people calling them out, and not due to them being an ass. It especially pisses me off when people of MY race do it. PS - this doesn't mean there aren't racists in the world, there always have been and there always will be racists, and racists are quick to label other people as racists.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
my performance at 1080p will hit 50 - 60 fps but i'm stuck around 20fps at 4k. It still seems to be hogging up as much memory as possible at that resolution. Hopefully 3.35 will push me into the 30fps for 4k and I can play the game. Hopefully tthere is enough there to enjoy it.

I played PTU 3.3 today a bit, performance is.... kinda great!

Gtx1070@1440p 50-60 in all places except high-detailed stations. I finally played few missions, made a trade run, and after getting accustomed to the controls and the flow of the gameplay, I can see why so many people are purchasing expensive ships. Even I got a sligtht temptation to upgrade to Aegis Titan.

Crashes are still common though, I'll wait until 3.35 [new planets!] to play more, but what I saw today was very promising.

What ship do you have now ? The Mustang just got bigger but all the starter ships should be getting bigger. The Avenger should be the next one to get a size increase since the mustang is now just as big. The aurora is also getting larger.

I was thinking of making my aurora into an avenger at some point. I still have a little money from gift cards that I was given. I also might ditch my super hornet and make it into a connie since I don't think dog fighting will by my thing

I have basic Aurora. Avenger was already reworked, it now has a sizable cargo bay.

IMO, Avenger is a better ship because of the 4x cargo space, and more active weapon slots by default [for Aurora you have to manually purchase more weapons].

I have basic Aurora. Avenger was already reworked, it now has a sizable cargo bay.

IMO, Avenger is a better ship because of the 4x cargo space, and more active weapon slots by default [for Aurora you have to manually purchase more weapons].

Didn't realize the Avenger rework was already in the game and yea its better than the Aurora because it costs more. I believe the aurora starts at $20 and the Avenger starts at $40 . My only thing is the cockpit of the aurora is so nice with beautiful views of everything.

Also I would keep at least two ships , the way Insurance works in this game you could have a lot of down time if you only have one ship and you die a lot.

If some of you guys (or ladies ) want to start trying to play with 3.3.5 I am game. Just let me know

Sale info for the kraken : $1400 Warbond, $1650 Normal, both LTI. No CCUs. One-per-account limit for wave 1, but no hull-limit.
Waves 2-6 are assumed to be the same. Wave 7 is expected to have a limited number of hulls.

Guess Cig needs a lot more money. Who's buying one lool

I just...
I
um o_O

I mean I've bought a couple of T8 premiums in World of Tanks & one for World of Warships but the first was only after I'd played the game for a year or two up to owning several T9s without paying a cent.

I can understand that kind of output occasionally on a game I have been able to play & enjoy for years in essentially the final form, but 4 digit prices for something actually not even usable in the forseeable future, are you fucking serious? :runaway:

But three years later you can fly one and it was well worth the two grand wasn't it? I feel like a fool for not investing. ;-)

I can imagine for some who want to do an org it would be worth it. If you had dedicated players putting in x amount of money a month then a big carrier could be cool... in a finished game. Putting that much in now is a bit much

If you have the ability to run a large org then your income should come from your troops time investment. So anyone able to run an org and use a carrier would be unlikely to pay his own money for it, while anyone who would could likely only ever enjoy it as a hangar queen. The only good reason to buy one is because you think you can trade it later with RMT at a profit.

Not that it matters, this game will never have Eve like gameplay. It doesn't have the technology for it and I'm not sure another game like Eve can even succeed today.

I've been in a lot of guilds that have had monthly dues that we all pay for things like guild halls or other ingame expenses both with in game and real life money.

Back