Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, finally the improved their skin shaders and now it looks great.

What an improvement compared to that... :

oldman_question2fgum9.png

Back then I said that the lighting was strange in this sequenze. The old shaders looked better in Cunninghams scene.

They also switched from offline to runtime rigging which saves an enourmus amout of time, data, performance (CPU = 10 heads in 1ms). It also adds runtime animation retargeting where every animation can be played on every face.

GeneSplicing (unlimited new faces) and runtime wrap deformer.

They worked with 3Letaral on this.

High quality realtime cloth simulation
https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyBelovedBeefKappa
https://clips.twitch.tv/EagerJoyousSharkPMSTwin
https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealKindLatteGivePLZ

Last edited:
CIG is really doing great work in many fields [some would say, all fields]. The next update about SQ42 will be in december.

8TwzUrn.jpg

Last edited:
HQ capture
CloudImperiumGames_S42_OldMan.png

These are very detailed textures.

CIG is really doing great work in many fields [some would say, all fields]. The next update about SQ42 will be in december.

8TwzUrn.jpg

In direct comparison to the real actors they can keep up very well.

That GeneSplicing is really impressive shit. We have come a long way from the randomly generated potato faces in Oblivion :confused:

Well, the Fallout 76 faces still look funny.

Last edited:
Squadron 42 looks great, really like the shading for hair and facial hair. Hopefully it'll release sometime in the next 50 years so we'll get to play it :p

The shading in general has improved for sure especially the hair but the eyes still look off and skin shaders still got that vaseline look and made more obvious next to the real actors. The last three shots look terrible like straight out of a Mass Effect game.

I just saw the panel from CitizenCon 2018 where they talked about this hair tech. They said it is VERY performance/memory heavy.
Because they are building without consideration for the target hardware. They keep being given money to keep developing tech without a sane business at the end of it. So, why is a game targeting mega-gigabyte super-high-end PCs being talked about in a console tech thread?

I just saw the panel from CitizenCon 2018 where they talked about this hair tech. They said it is VERY performance/memory heavy.

New hair uses splines with thousands of individual hairs instead or hair cards. This also helps with fog, DoF, glass. Hair cards have problems with post and transperency based effects. Splines are more expensive because of the many polygons and they also need a lot of memory but they said they could do it with the high end title. Let's see how the hair LODs will be. Hopefully this can all be set to a maximum where you don't see any LOD transitions.

They really improved everything. Even his beard is much better now. The rendering is top notch.

Among the best if not the best.

Looks that I was wrong and you have your own opinion and that you not only praise exclusive games. I was already surprised at your DriveClub post.

The shading in general has improved for sure especially the hair but the eyes still look off and skin shaders still got that vaseline look and made more obvious next to the real actors. The last three shots look terrible like straight out of a Mass Effect game.

Not all of them have been upgraded yet and they are also zoomed images from the distance. TThese characters do still look good but they are getting even better.

Even the Hamill and Oldman model is not finished yet.

Because they are building without consideration for the target hardware. They keep being given money to keep developing tech without a sane business at the end of it. So, why is a game targeting mega-gigabyte super-high-end PCs being talked about in a console tech thread?

Here was also a lot of talk about characters from offline rendering (movies etc.). SC is much closer to gaming.

They didn't say how expensive it is. It's only more expensive than hair cards but hair cards also look much worse and they dont solve the hair problems in games.

Last edited:
Well, the Fallout 76 faces still look funny.

Well considering the legacy of the engine its using :D. 76 just screams $60+ asset flip to me.

Because they are building without consideration for the target hardware. They keep being given money to keep developing tech without a sane business at the end of it.

(Not picking on you specifically) Its interesting how SC draws such ire from people who have no investment whatsoever into it. I find it absolutely fascinating how they are taking their blank check (so to speak) and funneling it into tech that I though was 5 years or more in the future. This game is a Frankenstine monster of software engineering and I am glad there are rich whales throwing money at it because in the end CIG just might turn all this tech into something wonderful and ground breaking or it could (more than likely) in the end be no more than a collection of tech demos, high resolution assets and broken hearts. Either way, I am happy for its existence.

So, why is a game targeting mega-gigabyte super-high-end PCs being talked about in a console tech thread?
I wasn't aware the tread title implied console only. Hardware is all homogenized anyway so to me the lines are pretty blurred between all platforms. Further more, it could very well get a console port in a another 1 to 2 generations :LOL:

I wasn't aware the tread title implied console only. Hardware is all homogenized anyway so to me the lines are pretty blurred between all platforms. Further more, it could very well get a console port in a another 1 to 2 generations :LOL:
So you think the game will actually launch within another 1 or 2 console generations? :devilish:

More Kassandra!

17afcw.jpg

22hehl.jpg

33zirs.jpg

43vft0.jpg

5ple1a.jpg

Honestly, I like her model more than Alloy, as Kassandra looks more human to me. I can't immediately point out exactly what it is though.

Is it possible to run the game with Ultra settings at 4k or 1440p at 30fps on a 1080ti at the moment?
I watched the stream yesterday when one clan of 40 people was gathered on one server, lots of shananigans. The streamer had 2080Ti, and he said even in all that crowded space, maxed out 4K was between 60-30, but 1440p was almost always at 60. It was the "worst case" scenario really, incredible ammount of hardware and people playing around at close distance in both space and near ground stations.
BHlvv83.jpg

[and the largest ships are not in yet, they are polishing them up for SQ42, and few veeeery large merchant ships are still in early stages of design]

I downloaded the PTU and started playing it today, the performance is much much improved. With 1070 I can easily play on 1440p [40-60 depending on the load]. With 1080Ti, it will be near 60 possibly all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back