Windows 10 [2018]

I don't get the deal with those dark themes, I used to like them with CRT but these days I find far from being an eye relief they stress my eyes significantly more than light theme.

On the bright side my Sleep seems to have started working OK again & I suspect the reason is something like my old Hyberfile got deleted during/post-upgrade & I was trying to Sleep before it'd been properly rebuilt?

Also I went driver hunting, found a newer driver for my PCIE SATA card & that so far seems to have cured my HDD disappearing issue :)

I don't get the deal with those dark themes, I used to like them with CRT but these days I find far from being an eye relief they stress my eyes significantly more than light theme.

On the bright side my Sleep seems to have started working OK again & I suspect the reason is something like my old Hyberfile got deleted during/post-upgrade & I was trying to Sleep before it'd been properly rebuilt?

Also I went driver hunting, found a newer driver for my PCIE SATA card & that so far seems to have cured my HDD disappearing issue :)
nice to know you got those issues finally sorted. What kind of screens do you use? ISP? Typical LED?

Dark mode seems to be very popular now on Android, Windows and Mac. I am myopic, I've been trying it since the last update, and tbh, it reduces eye strain for me -battery consumption aside- to some extent, just because the white background of most apps and interfaces looks too bright for me.

Black is the mixture of all colours.

If any of you run into an irritating input lag when connecting to a remote PC, and that remote PC happens to have Intel HD graphics, try older video drivers. The 4xxx series drivers seem fine. Or set Windows power settings so your monitor never sleeps.

Change the Windows 10 license with License Switch
License Switch is a free portable software program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to change the license of the system to another one.
It is possible to switch from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the command line tool but not the other way around.

License Switcher gives system administrators a new tool at hand to switch to a different edition of Windows 10 without reinstallation of software programs and the bulk of changes made to the source operating system edition.

One of its main uses is that it supports upgrades or downgrades that are not supported officially by Microsoft.
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/18/change-the-windows-10-license-with-license-switch/

One thing I'ld love to do is to be able to change windows explorer so it shows this directory as general items
win10bug.png

I've complained here about this before, prolly multiple times, here no matter what I do I cant get it to change to general items.
the thing is if theres any windows explorer developers listening
I do not want to see a folder optimized for sounds/music NEVER NO NEVER EVER, YOU THINK YOURE HELPING ME OUT BUT YOU ARE FUCKING NOT
Is there a register switch so it displays every single folder as general items?

EDIT: past posts on this
#2503 zed, May 14, 2017
Question (which I've asked before)
How to make Windows Explorer Only display all the directories as 'general items' including all subsequent created directories

#1006 zed, Sep 4, 2015
I work with lots of sound files (that I create) the problem is when I look at them in windows explorer it shows them as album, artist etc. I just want to 'optimize this folder (and all subfolders) for, general items' for all time. I want this applied to the whole harddisk for all time, even commercial music I do not want to see the album etc info, if I want that I will look in a proper music program.
Can I change this in the registry or elsewhere so 'General Items' is the only one thats used?
Ta

I agree zed. It also annoys me that search results are always with big icons. I want details view, every time.

Even right-clicking on a drive (except C: for some reason) and setting it to general items customization for every subfolder doesn't make the system remember it for all folders.

edit: zed if you are adventurous you could try this

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/search-results-content-view-fix-details-windows-10/

I don't like downloading .reg files and I don't have time right now to go and do it manually.

@zed
try this my documents ( or maybe a standard folder) -- view -- options -- view
check show hidden files
take the tick out of hide protected operating system files
copy desktop ini to the folder your unhappy with

just a guess, may not work!!!

One thing I'ld love to do is to be able to change windows explorer so it shows this directory as general items
Can't you do Library Tools -> Optimise library for -> General Items?
Edit: hmm I guess thats only for Libraries, you could make a custom Library with that folder in it?

Also on View -> Options -> Change folder & search options -> View -> Apply to Folders button.
From recollection I used the equivalent of this back in the day when I'd messed up/didn't like what Windows was doing. (but maybe doesn't work that well anymore?)

Off-topic, but, cony, ets català? :-O
haha, that I noticed too. But I barely speak catalá, I am galician native. However my best childhood friend knows catalá pretty well and is a Barcelona supporter

Windows 10 version 1809 sees another data loss issue
Though the impact this time is far less extensive, a new bug is plaguing users of the new the October Update of Windows 10, files again disappear. The updated OS seems to be making mistakes when extracting zip files, it quietly overwrites or even deletes files.
It seems that only the built-in zip function of Windows is affected, so the advice is to use a third-party program until there is a solution.
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/windows-10-version-1809-sees-another-data-loss-issue.html

Back