When videogames are pure art and when they're not...

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
This damn song for instance is full of such awesomeness....

Last edited:
Uhhh, is it ok for me to shit on the thing you love or is it best for me to just shut my mean arrogant mouth up?
whatever you prefer, if you don't like it, like the song goes "everything is just fine" xD.

I don't mind it, really. What's your criticism about this song in particular?

whatever you prefer, if you don't like it, like the song goes "everything is just fine" xD.

I don't mind it, really. What's your criticism about this song in particular?
I was just joking. I don't wanna shit on it. It's just surprising to me that there are people that actually like these type of cheesy songs. I always wondered why they added them to games, but it turns out people out there like them. But I'm no music buff, so I can't qualify my tastes better than just "it's my taste". To be fair, I find the whole concept of KH cheesy from head to toe, so I'm not one to have an opinion on anything about it.

I was just joking. I don't wanna shit on it. It's just surprising to me that there are people that actually like these type of cheesy songs. I always wondered why they added them to games, but it turns out people out there like them. But I'm no music buff, so I can't qualify my tastes better than just "it's my taste". To be fair, I find the whole concept of KH cheesy from head to toe, so I'm not one to have an opinion on anything about it.
maybe a milk in love would be a very cheesy guy, xD just in love. If you fall in love that song could sound good to you.

The retrofitted title of the thread gives me some ideas.

I was just about to add some Skyrim pics, one of my favourite games ever, art wise too -specially the scenery-, but that has to wait.

I've only played one game that I'd be willing to openly claim as "art". In contrast with Cyan's game, however, it has one of the worst soundtracks I've ever heard.
Still...

thanks for the very original contribution to the post. The game sounds familiar, but just because of the name. The art style is very original, and the part where the guy runs over the waves is certainly impressive, the collision detection works in very cool ways there. For some reason there are certain points of the stages that remind me of the rainbow road of Mario Kart, but different.

This theme was pure awesomeness

this song seems to be cut from the same mold of the initial one, the difference being that I didn't know about it. Alas, I barely played any MGS games. It is also similar, somewhat, to the Roland SD-50 demo song, which I like very much -it is in MP3 format, not MIDI, it is not instrumental, but it is really good.

And that was super cool

this one sounds awesome on headphones

The original resident evil's soundtrack was so fitting. There is a lot of depth.
Amazing this came in 1996.

that song still gives me the chills. That house was terrifying, specially things like those dogs, that were out there, and you knew that at some point you would find them.... Same with other enemies, not to mention certain surprises -when you thought a zombie was dead, it wasn't..-.

Last edited:
And of course Skyrim, as in every art from videogames mention..
skyrim-special-edition.jpg

Dragon-skyrim-wallpaper-HD-free-download.jpg

The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Concept_Art_Ray_Lederer_21a.jpg

video_games_dragons_fantasy_art_artwork_the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_1920x1080_wallpaper_Wallp.jpg

24157-2-1364677518.jpg

the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_video_game-wallpaper-1920x1200.jpg

146022-skyrim-hd-wallpaper-1920x1080-for-android.jpg

2M57UCb.jpg

skyrim-wallpaper-4.jpg

FL2cNgK.jpg

7599403-1396802475.jpg

17838184-1424022699.jpg

UpjaaJ9.jpg

z1-1200x675.jpg

Granted, technically not up to par with big boy console open world games, but in terms of artistry Breath of the Wild is just second to none. Doesn't get much bigger while feeling this meticulously handcrafted. Especially the transitions between the regular open world and the many towns and cities is just wonderful.

Ok, since I mocked KH, I have to put a pick of mine here:

The song is nothing special on the whole, but I just can't have enough of that basson solo. The whole OST of that game is amazingly well produced. Everything just fits in a way nobody was able to reproduce onlater titles. Everything Michael Land and Peter McConnel touch, tends to be very tasteful.

z1-1200x675.jpg

Granted, technically not up to par with big boy console open world games, but in terms of artistry Breath of the Wild is just second to none. Doesn't get much bigger while feeling this meticulously handcrafted. Especially the transitions between the regular open world and the many towns and cities is just wonderful.
some of the pictures of the Breath of The Wild landscapes can be as sublimely beautiful as some Skyrim landscapes, like Bloated Man's Grotto. It also reminds me of Oblivion on steroids, with improved graphics.
Ok, since I mocked KH, I have to put a pick of mine here:

The song is nothing special on the whole, but I just can't have enough of that basson solo. The whole OST of that game is amazingly well produced. Everything just fits in a way nobody was able to reproduce onlater titles. Everything Michael Land and Peter McConnel touch, tends to be very tasteful.
utterly fantastic. Btw, GoG has the Monkey Island games on sale this weekend.

That song is very romantic :D.

Back