PSN change user name preview program

I wonder what took them so long.

A really crap system design. - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-10-sony-will-let-you-change-your-psn-id-early-2019

Also of note: this feature only works with PS4 games originally published after 1st April 2018 and "a large majority of the most-played PS4 games that were released before this date". So, not all games and apps for PS4, PS3 and Vita are guaranteed to support the PSN ID change. Sony warned you may occasionally run up against issues or errors in certain games because of this.

Related, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time, which, Sony said, will resolve most issues caused by the ID change. Sony said it'll publish a list of compatible games published before 1st April 2018 on the PlayStation website.

Sony uses your PSN ID as the key in the database, meaning everything PSN is tied to that. Games have to be written/patched to access a second 'Display Name' field, and games released before April 2018 may not work - you actually change your ID, but add a second name.

Absolutely mind-numbing choice on the creation of PSN that they're stuck with forever now. :rolleyes:

Wow. I'd expect this from Nintendo, not Sony.

Wow. I'd expect this from Nintendo, not Sony.

Sony has a habit of doing weird stuff

Fir example, my Sony vaio tap 11 tablet have its turbo hard limited to 20 seconds or something.

Doesn't matter even if the cpu is cool. Max boost for 20 seconds

Or when they released Psvr without hdr pass thru supports ...

You will need to switch to old PSN id for all game not compatible with new PSN ID.... This is crazy...:mrgreen:

Yeah it's really weird.. What's preventing them to "simply" add new field for "new name" that can be changed willy-nilly, and invisible to old games? So only new games can see this new field.

Back