Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Tested went hands on with some psvr games from e3

Blood and truth , the tetris effect and some robot platformer.

Last edited:
Psvr has sold 3 million units

Sony announced that it has sold 3 million PlayStation VR (PSVR) headsets as of the end of July, showing that its popularity has declined little since the fall 2016 launch. At the end of 2017, Sony had sold 2 million units, meaning it has sold another million in just the last eight months. On top of that, it has shipped 21.9 million PSVR games and experiences, an impressive figure considering some negative press around virtual reality of late.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/16/sony-psvr-sales-3-million/

I can see that being helpful in an event causing injury or seizure requiring outside help. For more common maladies like nausea, headache, or eye strain it's not improving VR as much as stating the obvious when it's failed you.
The indicators it tracks and the notifications or system events generated are generally too late and too long-latency for the biology underpinning a lot of the typical complaints. Some of the peripheral factors it tracks seem like they'd overlap with content that is entertaining or exciting.

One possible scenario:
The Sony PSVR2 system has detected the following VR experience factors have exceeded nominal parameters:
  • body temperature is high
  • skin is sweaty
  • pupils dilated
  • heart rate high
  • eyes fixated
  • posture hunched
  • arm muscle activity spastic
  • grip too tight
  • significant amounts of foul language
  • measurements simulateously accelerating to a peak

Stopping application connection to VRluv.com and contacting friends, family, and emergency services to immediately check on your welfare.

Seems like that scenario describes the stoner gamers or teenager gamers.

Started playing Beat Saber today and really enjoy it. It’s a cool workout too and it makes you want to play in style (make cool looking moves). I could really do with some competition on the leaderboards though ;). It’s well rounded with scoring modes with various modifiers and easy access to changing the floor to adjust to your body height (which you should do although my son could still play with my settings without too much problems)

Same for Super hot VR, if you get it together and get into its flow you really do feel like you’re in the Matrix. It’s really good fun. Seen some weird bugs though with the second screen messing up, but that’s no problem while playing of course.

I'm very interested in Beat Saber. Christmas shopping is on the horizon though, so I won't be able to challenge you for a while.

Superhot is fantastic fun! Easy to lose hours pretending you're in the Matrix - stopping bullets by holding your gun in their way never grows old!

Gonna buy beat Saber but it's not on Asia PSN store

Whyyyyyyyyy

Sure I can buy on us psn but the exchange rate is crazy

Back