Doom graphics anomaly?

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
Can someone please help me understand what is going on here?
Driver bug?
Game bug?
Mipmap optimization?
Does this happen with any other card?
(I'm using RTX 2080)

artifakti.png

Dark vertical lines appear to be near the middle of the picture, slightly to the left from the targetting circle.

4xzoom.png

4x zoom in to the area of the anomaly.

kartta.png

https://drive.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=1bD-xOdoSGzanqrUQitn3yZykHI4_zlfW&export=download

Problem area moves together with what could be a mipmap texture change border.

Basically, if your graphics card is too expensive, idtech gets a bit cross with you for having too much disposable income. ;)

Oh come on. A perfectionist needs to have his toys and most importantly to find something wrong with them!

Oh come on. A perfectionist needs to have his toys and most importantly to find something wrong with them!
I don't care about your glitch in Doom, I only want you to try RT shadows in Shadow of the Tomb Raider once the patch is released. :D

I'm sorry for the glitch. I have no idea why that happens. I hope you can figure it out and fix it.

So far I tried to clamp negative lod bias and to choose high quality texture filtering on the control panel but the problem is still there.
I'm out of luck without having other gpus to test with I guess. I dont know if it is game bug, driver bug, manufacturer dependant or anything short of anyone else checking this out.

Turns out I forgot to google. Should always google first. Apparently it's a known issue since 2016 that nobody has bothered to fix. Happens with the Vulcan api. Most likely a game bug/art asset issue rather than a driver bug.
What a way to make a comeback to the forum. /Facepalm

Turns out I forgot to google. Should always google first. Apparently it's a known issue since 2016 that nobody has bothered to fix. Happens with the Vulcan api. Most likely a game bug/art asset issue rather than a driver bug.
What a way to make a comeback to the forum. /Facepalm
Don't worry, thanks to this thread we all know you're the chosen one, the guy with an RTX 2080. :cool:

Back