Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

it looks interesting but I want a new rift I dont' see myself going around town playing with this thing. Something like magic leap / HoloLens yes cause I can easily see the outside world . But for me I have a good computer and I want to take advantage of that and rift is getting long in the foot.

The only advantage I see in this is when I'm asked to bring my PSVR to dinner parties. Since not every friend of mine has a PS4, nevermind PSVR, I often have to bring everything which is starting to be a bit annoying. This could be interesting for those situations, although not at it's launch price.

So 720p with level of graphical effects from 13 years ago?

Except you also have to render in stereo, at 2k with and better aa, so even less effects. It has more RAM!

Here's a video discussing some details of the Dead and Buried port. Really does sound like Switch VR!

It's not at all about graphics when going after large market consisting of casual gamers/media consumers. Quest could at worst flop and sell absolutely nothing, at best it could start like nintendo wii/minecraft/fortenite/... and keep going.

Truth is likely somewhere in between.

Yes, but why hamper it?

Everything about this device is perfect, except for not being able to use it as an upgraded Rift.

Stupid mistake, and one that'll cost them.

My guess is the ps360 comparison was meant to say it can output that level of QUALITY on the devices higher resolution, fps and stereo. And even that, is pretty much a very hand-wavy way to point to an approximation of the kind of fidelity you can get. It shouldn't be taken with so much rigorousness, guys...

It has higher resolution screens, updated optics, slightly worse FOV. Controller tracking seems to be getting good write ups, but it has a more limit tracking volume than the Rift Camera setup, with more chance of occlusion.

So, kind of, if you ignore the benefits of being untethered.

i tried a 3D short movie "henry" with the new 5k codec, and it was really convincing.
studios need to create longer movies or series with this tech.
i also bought virtual virtual reality, it's a really nice game.

I'm baffled why they don't put a spare usb C port or something. So it can be used independently and in fusion with computer

According to a Carmack tweet, they did debate including dedicated hardware to allow a PC link, and obviously decided not to.

They are exploring maxing out WiFi for streaming, with no promises, which sounds interesting.

I think this device should be considered a console because it’s self contained, meant to operate mostly untethered.

It would be nice if they offer some kind of tethered mode as bonus.

Back