PSVR Astro Bot - 90 metapoints

Oh man that plane was totally wigging out at approximately the 1 minute mark. Doesn't look all that special to me. Just a more refined Lucky's Tale it looks like. Not really seeing anything that hasn't been done already other than the little line when jumping to know the character's position relative to the ground.

Also looks to be just as nausea inducing or more than Lucky's Tale was for me.

Regards,
SB

Lol my thoughts exactly. Looks like they got a lot of inspiration from Mario (oddesy) but I fail to see how this is supposed to be the moment that defines what VR gaming can be.
No... What? Seriously?! So THAT was IT?

My questions in my previous message weren't ironic. :(

it seems people really like it but all the ads didnt interest me at all :(

this game need a demo version.

Probably best at this point. It's a solid device, but a wireless, higher resolution PSVR2 - ideally multifocal - would be the best point of entry IMO.

I really like mine, but the wires limits its comfort and versatility, both in terms of game design, and in terms of distance from the PS4.

One more game for my already long list of PSVR games to be played. Anyone who says there is not enough quality content on PSVR or that Sony is going to drop it like the Vita is still living in 2016...

Skyrim notwithstanding, all the good VR games actually look pretty damn good with just a regular-ass PS4 as well: Wipeout, all the good launch titles (Rigs, Until Dawn, Eve Valkyrie, Rez), personally I was fine with RE7 too, and Astrobot looks amazing. And what a great and wonderfully creative platformer it is, too. Don't miss it.

It looks wonderful, their VR pack-in title was stellar too. This is an insta-buy for us.

The quality of the experience has not been a big issue for us in most games either. It’s worth the current (low!) price of admission imho. And it’s an amazingly comfortable headset and that cable rarely bothers.

Of course, something like the new Oculus headset that is completely wireless looks very promising in terms of where the tech can go ... but having all the hardware around your head generating heat and electricity, with WiFi etc, it will take a while before I am comfortable with that.

Motion sickness in some games and limited implementations in others - a full version of GT Sport, say, or more pinball tables for Zen, etc - remain the bigger issues for me. But the fun we’ve had with the pack-in VR Playroom robots with the wonderful multiplayer and social screen etc have been more than worth it, the many other wonderful titles available have just been extra.

Last edited:
Been playing this game some more and it is great. Not very far in but the third level is a cave level with Avatar like mushrooms and subtle but great looking water that in the end plays with scale really well too. The secrets are fantastic as well.

And Beat Saber and Superhit VR are a lot of fun too ...

Back