Nvidia Turing Product Reviews and Previews: (Super, TI, 2080, 2070, 2060, 1660, etc)

What version of Evga precision x1? I thought beta was only for RTX and later GTX.

0.2.6 beta and gpu driver 411.63. Maybe the support was said to be pending due to display driver that wasn't initially available for pascal/regular consumers. msi afterburner supposedly has same feature but that one didn't work for me.

Turing is power limited. Nvidia doesn't allow the chips to go beyond a certain threshold so over clocking when you're not thermal limited produces negligible results at best.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080/RTX 2080 Ti: Ethereum Mining Results
September 26, 2018

8743_101_nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-ethereum-mining-results.png

But there's something to note: even the latest version of Claymore doesn't have support for the new Turing GPU architecture, so give it a few weeks and especially over the coming months, we'll see tuned Claymore versions ready for the additional GPU horsepower that Turing offers. Not that you'd run around buying RTX 2080/2080 Ti cards for mining, that's absurd.

Seriously, out of the box Ethereum mining performance of 50MH/s is insane. Even with the HBM2 memory on the Radeon RX Vega 64 it was really only able to push 38-40MH/s out of the box and 42MH/s when using the AMD blockchain optimized drivers/Compute mode enabled.
But when we have the 11GB of GDDR6 overclocked on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition, we see the Ethereum mining performance scale up incredibly high, hitting 55MH/s. This is nearly twice the performance of the GTX 1080 TI, which is quite incredible.
https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/...x-2080-ti-ethereum-mining-results/index2.html

It seems that Turing does very well in games that use async compute. I wonder if they will invest more in that arena or will they still trying to keep DX11 going?

It seems that Turing does very well in games that use async compute. I wonder if they will invest more in that arena or will they still trying to keep DX11 going?

DX11 is where Turing is least impressive so possibly.

Shame if true. Was hoping that their relations with developers would push for more async compute titles.

Async Compute is a DX12 feature. Nvidia's generational performance increase should result in the feature being used more.

Evga has issued bios updates that increase the power target to 130% for better overclocking on both 2080 and 2080 Ti.
Wonder if other manufacturers will follow suit ...

Back