Destiny 2

its quite a different game now than it used to be. Aerial combat is back in a big way

Man I played crucible about 4 hours straight tonight. I think it's fun as hell again.

It seems so far much less plodding, much less team automatically wins, more able for 1 player to take on several, all those. More fast paced and fun. You also get about two supers per game now instead of 1. That's great. It seemed like subjectively before I lost about 90% of all matches going in solo (literally, that's how it felt anyway). Now feels about 50/50, like D1. I wonder if they changed the matchmaking to avoid solo vs team like they said? I'm not aware,

All that said I imagine it's too late really. I'm going to delete it again before long. It would also help if there were long term goals in crucible, like the quests and grimoire that kept me playing in D1.

Even though this DLC is underwhelming content wise, I'm actually enjoying it because Bungie made it difficult to hit max level, so the grind is there. Plus the new raid lair is very good.... Bungie doesn't disappoint when it comes to making raids.

Our group grinded our asses off and we're still not max level. We were also severely under-leveled for the raid lair and this is the first time we were unable to beat a raid in the first week. We just managed to beat it tonight and I clipped the boss encounter, so spoilers obviously.

Bungie keeps upping the mechanics in these raids. We went in blind and it was extremely rewarding figuring it out on our own.

So Forsaken released this month and I have to give credit to Bungie... they delivered. Vanilla Destiny 2 took a step forward but two steps back. Forsaken is what Destiny 2 should have been from the beginning and is the best Destiny has ever been IMO. Well, minus some framerate issues and bugs here and there. But the actual content is very good. And I'm sure the issues will be addressed.

If you ever considered jumping back in, or trying it out, now is the time. The base game is also one of the free games of the month on PS+. You'll need to buy Forsaken obviously though.

Just like the drug pushers... first hit is free and pay for the better stuff.

So Forsaken released this month and I have to give credit to Bungie... they delivered. Vanilla Destiny 2 took a step forward but two steps back. Forsaken is what Destiny 2 should have been from the beginning and is the best Destiny has ever been IMO. Well, minus some framerate issues and bugs here and there. But the actual content is very good. And I'm sure the issues will be addressed.

If you ever considered jumping back in, or trying it out, now is the time. The base game is also one of the free games of the month on PS+. You'll need to buy Forsaken obviously though.

What framerate issue? I played with supersampling and it's smooth 30 fps. Although it does make the fan sounds like it's gonna take off.

Anyway, yep this is true destiny 2. Unlike destiny 2 that feels like Destiny 1.2.

I also really love that bungie finnaly removed the arbitrary light/level requirement in the missions!

I was 20-30 lights under level and i can do the missions!

Really hated it when D2 forced me to grind other stuff before I can do missions due to the arbitrary light requirement

Btw bungie is double annoying in forsaken. They put so many friggin invisible wall,, invisible death zone, invisible turn back zone.

So ooo annoying

What framerate issue? I played with supersampling and it's smooth 30 fps. Although it does make the fan sounds like it's gonna take off.

Anyway, yep this is true destiny 2. Unlike destiny 2 that feels like Destiny 1.2.

I also really love that bungie finnaly removed the arbitrary light/level requirement in the missions!

I was 20-30 lights under level and i can do the missions!

Really hated it when D2 forced me to grind other stuff before I can do missions due to the arbitrary light requirement

Btw bungie is double annoying in forsaken. They put so many friggin invisible wall,, invisible death zone, invisible turn back zone.

So ooo annoying
The guys I play with are on Pro and even they notice a few drops here and there, mostly when an engram drops with a big wave of enemies on screen.

I'm still on base PS4 and my framerate has been pretty bad since Forsaken. Prior to Forsaken, my base PS4 only had drops during public events with a lot of particle effects and enemies on screen. Now I get them all the time. I wonder if it's just my launch PS4 showing its age.

The guys I play with are on Pro and even they notice a few drops here and there, mostly when an engram drops with a big wave of enemies on screen.

I'm still on base PS4 and my framerate has been pretty bad since Forsaken. Prior to Forsaken, my base PS4 only had drops during public events with a lot of particle effects and enemies on screen. Now I get them all the time. I wonder if it's just my launch PS4 showing its age.
Its not. The game has way more going on. More enemies more effects. In some situations I've seen my X drop frames in dreaming city PEs etc. too many pulses, supers, rockets and enemies and incoming fire etc.

It's more common that before. Overall ti doesn't bother me, it's only for a split second as the effects clean up quickly, but it's something that never happened with Y1 destiny 2.

Its not. The game has way more going on. More enemies more effects. In some situations I've seen my X drop frames in dreaming city PEs etc. too many pulses, supers, rockets and enemies and incoming fire etc.

It's more common that before. Overall ti doesn't bother me, it's only for a split second as the effects clean up quickly, but it's something that never happened with Y1 destiny 2.
What I find strange, though, is that I'm seeing drops in places that I didn't have problems before. It's not limited to the new areas. Even when I'm in my character menu changing weapons etc., I experience frame drops.

The reason why I think it's my PS4 is because I find myself loading in 5-8 seconds later than my buddies sometimes. I even tried changing my hard drive to see if it was that.

I'm no tech expert, but I also wonder if it's my connection to the Bungie servers... I've been getting a lot of 'baboon' errors since Forsaken. Looking online I'm not alone. It's not a really common problem, but some people on reddit are having the same problems.

Really tempted to just trade my PS4 to ebgames for a slim as they have a promo right now. Kind of wanted the more energy efficient and cooler slim anyway.

Last edited:
Forsaken has brought Destiny back into my life. I had given up and was totally against buying it but agreed when my old fireteam mate appeared in the scene and we thought if nothing else atleast we will be able to hangout on weekends again. Turns out the game has taken over both of us. He is grinding around like its D1 again while I am spending all my freetime in Destiny again.
Having a daughter means I can't have acess to my TV all the time, so now I find that playing via remoteplay on the Vita is a godsend ! ANd it runs perfectly within the house. Did all my Dreaming city bounties on th evita and it was so liberating (like the switch).
41985087_10155604076056356_2333615049433677824_o.jpg

huh. i guess thats the benefit of playing Destiny 2 in tiny 10inch tablet hahaha.

now lamenting to spend 200 dollars to buy 40" TV or stay using 10inch tablet.. hmm...

btw old PS4 should not have its performance lower, i think.

dunno how in PS4 but in xbox 360, it will keep running at max performance even when its hot, when it has give up to manage the temperature, it will simply turn off. When you turn it on, it will blink red. After it cools down, it will turn on and display a waarning about high temperature.

PS4 PSVR PU box also have similar feature when overheats. i suspect PS4 also have similar feature.

Forsaken has brought Destiny back into my life. I had given up and was totally against buying it but agreed when my old fireteam mate appeared in the scene and we thought if nothing else atleast we will be able to hangout on weekends again. Turns out the game has taken over both of us. He is grinding around like its D1 again while I am spending all my freetime in Destiny again.
Having a daughter means I can't have acess to my TV all the time, so now I find that playing via remoteplay on the Vita is a godsend ! ANd it runs perfectly within the house. Did all my Dreaming city bounties on th evita and it was so liberating (like the switch).
View attachment 2653

do you have a windows tablet or laptop? pplaying on that should be better with bigger screen and better control with DS4.

What I find strange, though, is that I'm seeing drops in places that I didn't have problems before. It's not limited to the new areas. Even when I'm in my character menu changing weapons etc., I experience frame drops.

The reason why I think it's my PS4 is because I find myself loading in 5-8 seconds later than my buddies sometimes. I even tried changing my hard drive to see if it was that.

I'm no tech expert, but I also wonder if it's my connection to the Bungie servers... I've been getting a lot of 'baboon' errors since Forsaken. Looking online I'm not alone. It's not a really common problem, but some people on reddit are having the same problems.

Really tempted to just trade my PS4 to ebgames for a slim as they have a promo right now. Kind of wanted the more energy efficient and cooler slim anyway.
oh hmm. that sucks, yea it's possible. It shouldn't be connection based, if you're running into frame rate issues on inventory change, they have a loading icon for connection issues there.
Perhaps hard drive based? Some sort of memory leak? Does a hard reboot relieve/resolve any symptoms?

This isn't you right?

if not, you're not alone and it doesn't sound like it's your PS4.

This isn't you right?

if not, you're not alone and it doesn't sound like it's your PS4.
No that's not me, I don't even have an account on reddit.

Reboot doesn't fix it. I fully power off my PS4 whenever I'm not using it anyway.

I don't think it's the hard drive because I've already tried a new one.

If others are having issues then I don't think it's my PS4. But my lengthy load times might. Or that might be because of server connection. :shrug:

edit:
Maybe Bungie's servers are just getting overloaded with the increased player count.

These are my only major complaints about this update... long load times, frequent error codes (mostly baboon) and performance. Switching characters is such a pain due to the increased load times. Especially when the API is down and things like DIM or the ishtar app don't work.

The content itself is amazing though.

Last edited:
Whoa I have shitty Samsung ssd I pulled from a tablet, just sitting at home. Will transform that to destiny drive when I got home in December.

The load times is just too much

do you have a windows tablet or laptop? pplaying on that should be better with bigger screen and better control with DS4.
Can I wirelessly stream ps4 video to a laptop? I didn't know that. That surely can help when my daughter is sleeping, while she is awake VIta is the right way as it doesn't distract her at all when I play on that (muted)

Can I wirelessly stream ps4 video to a laptop? I didn't know that. That surely can help when my daughter is sleeping, while she is awake VIta is the right way as it doesn't distract her at all when I play on that (muted)

yep! i do remoteplay wirelessly using my crappy windows tablet.

if you have crappy wifi card like my tablet, be prepared to get inconsistent performnce tho. In my case, it stutters randomly after 10 minutes or something, then it goes to 360p, then goes up to 720p, and if lucky, goes back to stable 1080p.

have no stability problem at all when i stream on a xiaomi phone and asus rog laptop (both on the same wifi router).

yep! i do remoteplay wirelessly using my crappy windows tablet.

if you have crappy wifi card like my tablet, be prepared to get inconsistent performnce tho. In my case, it stutters randomly after 10 minutes or something, then it goes to 360p, then goes up to 720p, and if lucky, goes back to stable 1080p.

have no stability problem at all when i stream on a xiaomi phone and asus rog laptop (both on the same wifi router).
How do I do it ? The second screen app seems to do nothing but make my mobile a remote.

Back