What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Nightmares - Visuals tell the story, and it's given me pause for thought about the world they've created, and why things are. Depth perception & controls can be a little annoying at times. Also, the game seemingly has an issue/bug where it fails to launch on first try.

Aven Colony via Gamepass - I like it, but it seems to get unwieldy as you get further into a play session as it gets harder to remember where certain buildings are, plus performance on console just turns into a slideshow with everything on there. May end up waiting for a sale on Steam instead.

I started Second Son (3rd time) to prep for Spider-Man. I finished the story for AC: Origins and it was pretty good game overall.

I played some BF1 on my friend's xbox. It is terrible playing this game with a controller.

Assassin's Creed II. I think I'm at the end of the game. It felt pretty fresh and fun to me just a few game hours ago. Now it feels a bit too long and repetitive.

I beat Final Fantasy III (NES). I got to the final boss BUT I was out of important potions such as elixirs (I just had one) and my stats weren't high enough to beat it. The game design was not very good because in this last section you can't go back so there's no way for you to regenerate your HP and MP, and no way to buy more items, so... I had to save, roam waiting for the next random encounter, load the game again if I lose or received substantial harm/win and save again. I had to level up like 10 levels, so I literally had to fight hundreds of battles (without counting those where I lost and I had to load again) to reach a decent character level to beat the Dark Cloud.

Also and as I said a few weeks (months?) before, the job system feels stupid sometimes, because you have to switch just to fight a specific battle and then back to whatever you have. Bearing in mind that MP is set to 0 every time you change a job, this also was a factor when in the last part I couldn't change jobs conveniently, because I only had a sage and I couldn't afford losing all my MP, which I needed to cast Haste and the reviving spell.

Now I don't know if I should move on to the SNES and continue with FF V or... if I stay with NES and start with the Dragon Quest series! ^_^

I think I will do the latter. :p

Yup, Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior (NES, emulated).

Action menu, ugh... I hope the next instalment has a better interface.

Finished Spider-Man.

Now I'm looking at my backlog, hmmm, too many choices, maybe stay away from open world for a bit? Though I would like to spend some time with RDR in 4k.

I could finish Lost Legacy, Tomb Raider (second game, rise? they tend to blur together) or Homfront revolution...

Edit: Played more Tomb Raider but lost interest running around the Geothermal valley. Too much open world stuff when I just want a linear experience. I looked at my backlog and tried Knack 2, technically competent, but I was not having fun. I then put back in Ratchet and Clank. I've missed these games. Looks great in 4k and is fun as hell.

Last edited:
Finished HZD Frozen Wilds exspansion, game really has amazing graphics and the potential for sequels is fantastic. The metastory leaves so much potential.

Played some FH4, but I think I played it twice before. So I moved on to Ni No Kuni 2 for something different before RDR2.

I kind of lost interest in playing Mass Effect Andromeda... I think it's a decent game and hopefully I will finish it at some point, but the fate of the game and lack of continuity is putting me off there... Luckily I finally got to start playing God of War, this game rocks! the first boss battle with the tattooed dude was already quite epic and cinematic :)

Picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider on sale now that I have a better GPU. Gorgeous game so far with some great art work. Streaming to my Shield so it's nice playing it on the big screen with the audio setup.

Just finished "Return of Obtaining Dinn" the new mistery game from Duke Pope of Papers Please.
You enter a ghost ship with a hand-watch that let's you see brief flash-backs of the moment of death of any corpse you aproach. With that, you are tasked with tracing out what happened in the ship based solely on the info you can catch from said flashbacks. Really brilliantly crafted game.
Great game. Very immersive and investing. You'll be thinking of investigation possibilities all day.
I highly recommend it.
Initially the story looks impossible to fully comprehend, but as you watch every flashback, the game auto fills a brief of each one in their chronological order so you can re watch everything in the right sequence of events. Also, as you discover the identities of the immense crew, you can see their names as you look at them on the flashbacks if you get confused, and suddenly everything begins to clear up in your mind. The seemingly impossible task of managing the story of 60 different people and what they did, where and with whom throughout multiple days suddenly starts to appear manageable, and when you least expect it, you are done. Pretty cool.

Snap! Just got my 60 fates last night. Looked up my two missing achievements and may go back to them at somepoint but overall a brilliant game that had me hooked.

Playing Uncharted Lost Legacy. Wow game is beautiful. Seems to be about the same length as uncharted 2 was. Can't believe they made it in six months, must have stuff that was deleted or something from uncharted 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back