The Insomniac Spiderman [PS4]

What are people's suggestions for better side-quests?

The Witcher 3? :mrgreen:

They're a bit all over the place in terms of theme and entertainment value and more types of side quest will become available as you progress through the game. They all reward you with a particular type of in-game currency so if you're not enjoying the quests and you're flush with that particular currency there's no need to continue with them.

What I did find was the side quests were good for was honing your skills, particularly swinging. For example chasing pigeons around the city requires you have to have your swinging, particularly you ability to control your altitude, nailed down.

The Witcher 3? :mrgreen:

They're a bit all over the place in terms of theme and entertainment value and more types of side quest will become available as you progress through the game. They all reward you with a particular type of in-game currency so if you're not enjoying the quests and you're flush with that particular currency there's no need to continue with them.

What I did find was the side quests were good for was honing your skills, particularly swinging. For example chasing pigeons around the city requires you have to have your swinging, particularly you ability to control your altitude, nailed down.

Side quests are save by the gameplay. They are ok and the game is not very long like The Witcher 3 and not as long than Horizon Zero Dawn.

I am enjoying the game quite a bit. The web swinging is cool indeed (if you unlock a couple of skills) and the perfect vistas and scenario with the breathtaking lighting/graphics never gets old.

Not sure about the story, doesn't really engage me so far.

I do not like the non-Spiderman missions.

I do like the boss fights so far...quite the spectacle imo (well, after the new GOW was a big letdown in this regard, I am so happy about some large scale action boss fights).

Can't bring myself to change Spiderman suit...he should look like Spiderman, so great move from Insomniac to not lock the suit super powers to the specific suit.

There is an unbelievable amount of filler side quests, some of those are coupled with web-swinging through the city...so it is ok.

The combat is actually really really good...one of the few games where you have so many options at any given time, that you have to concentrate on which to chose next :mrgreen:

Game also has lots of small quality of life things going on that make it really nice to play. Overall, this game reminds me very much about the Ratchet and Clank games, where it is just relaxing and fun to play the game - nice.

Finally, the graphics are insane imo, it is for me one of the best looking games I played so far.

Congrats to Insomniac!

The combat is actually really really good...one of the few games where you have so many options at any given time, that you have to concentrate on which to chose next :mrgreen:

Unlocking, or not unlocking, the right skills makes all the difference. I'm level 23 now and have unlocked most of the first two skill trees and now I'm borderline invincible. If I lose it's because I screwed up. But that doesn't make fights any less interesting because, as you say, it's amazing fun just deciding how you're going to knacker that three dudes over there, then the five over there - and everything looks absolutely spectacular. :mrgreen:

I still prefer more 'hands on' combat like Infamous but I love Spider-Man too.

Just a service announcement. I did get back from the wedding, started this off on Tuesday and I just got the Platinum. Talk about devouring a game!
Ha! Every time I've been on the PS4 I've seen you playing Spider-Man. I've just entered the third act and like really like the change of vibe to the city. I'll polish this off over the weekend. :yes:

Spider-Man makes me realise how much I've like an original inFamous remaster.

Ha! Every time I've been on the PS4 I've seen you playing Spider-Man. I've just entered the third act and like really like the change of vibe to the city. I'll polish this off over the weekend. :yes:

Spider-Man makes me realise how much I've like an original inFamous remaster.

Same! I kept thinking of inFamous while playing.

Just a service announcement. I did get back from the wedding, started this off on Tuesday and I just got the Platinum. Talk about devouring a game!

How? Did you play with the controller wired or swap between multiple controllers, with one always on the charging dock?

How? Did you play with the controller wired or swap between multiple controllers, with one always on the charging dock?

The DS4 charges pretty quickly. Assuming you stop for lunch and dinner, and charge the controller during those times, you can play all day on a single controller. I have done this with the Witcher 3. As with most Li-ion-devices, it generally takes as long to to charge for 5% to 90% as it does to go from 90% to 100%.

I got my copy today and played several hours. I really like the game so far. I mean, there's such a feeling of hard work by the developers in this game that you can only like it.

The gameplay may not be as deep as in God of War, but i don't care. Spiderman has that incredible sense of freedom and you really feel like Spiderman. It's already a 90+ in my book and by far.

Also, i can't believe how good are the graphics. It's the best looking game ever. Funny enough, this comes from a third party studio and not a first party one. To be fair, i think they got an incredible high budget compared to other exclusive games.
People that don't own the game and want to see how the game feels and look, i think this video does a decent job to represent the game :

Finished it at level 50+ and fully upgraded the tree, but I'm missing quite a few hidden trophies for the platinum.

It was a mixed experience overall.

Positives: Beautiful graphics, everyone can see that obviously. The controls were extremely fun, after upgrading new moves, the movements through the city and combat are practically perfect. It has the right sense of speed, and variety of moves. In short they nailed both the web slinging and the combat. I loved using lots of different moves during a fight, it creates awesome action, almost like a hollywood fight choregraphy. All of the cinematics looked great.

Negatives: I lost interest in the repetitive nature sometimes before the third act, all the stealth missions of secondary characters were annoying and too simplistic. I just don't understand the story filled with bad guys with irrational motives, but that's sort of expected for any super hero franchises where drama is often badly written and cliche because of the source material. The last few hours of gameplay I just wanted the game to be finished and didn't care about the characters anymore. I think I just wanted the action and not the story.

Last edited:
Insomniac has really gone to town with the graphics for sure, they're right up there with the big boys this time around. It's gonna be a tough one to pick the best looking game for me this year between Spidey, GoW, Detroit and potentially RDR2. Just look at this beauty.
wrhgumcpgdad.jpg

qusffgmc7exj.png

marvelsspider-man_201r4iqe.png

https://abload.de/img/30778788198_a3b5cc534jtiug.png

Insomniac has really gone to town with the graphics for sure, they're right up there with the big boys this time around. It's gonna be a tough one to pick the best looking game for me this year between Spidey, GoW, Detroit and potentially RDR2. Just look at this beauty.
wrhgumcpgdad.jpg

qusffgmc7exj.png

marvelsspider-man_201r4iqe.png

https://abload.de/img/30778788198_a3b5cc534jtiug.png

It really is such a gorgeous game, with the craziest and almost unnecessary level of detail at times. And honestly, I like that the time of day is set (until you finish the game, when you can select it yourself) so that it always look on point.

Of course I’m playing with the last suit you get - I won’t spoil it - after you complete each area 100%. You’ll know why when you see it.

Back