Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

RE: Cortana, In one of the comics, it is revealed that
you really need a comic to explain that H5 Cortana is just one of the copies of herself

I'm a straight forward man - physical non-naked Cortana was sexy. Time to get working on some Arbytana fan fic.

I suggest something so inane and stupid like Happy Dungeons for a game imagination pallet cleanser.

Good idea! Get looking for some mechanics based fun to cleanse the palette....

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/summer-sizzle
The list of things the team would like to do in Halo 5 is seemingly never-ending. The reality is that much of those items are left in limbo until there’s either a critical need to greenlight a patch (an experience-ruining exploit, for example) or a larger initiative comes into play (supporting the launch of a new console is a good one). Once it became clear that Halo 5 would be receiving an update for Xbox One X this Fall, teams across the studio started taking stock of what else might make sense to include in that update.

I can’t go into all of the specifics of the Fall update quite yet, but suffice it to say that if all goes according to plan, there will be a variety of other cool odds and ends included beyond 4K support. A number of high profile bugs are being actively worked on in addition to a few things that I think will be genuinely surprising. We’ll have more to share on that soon enough but today what I want to talk more about the Halo 5 sandbox.

Halo 5 improvements for OneX detailed: 4K, high resolution textures and assets and limited HDR.

Yes you’re right. You’ll definitely see significant benefits from running on HDR sets, and of course the game itself renders in 4k and takes advantage of higher resolution textures (will be a serious download) and assets, but HDR specifically was tricky for a couple of reasons specific to H5 – the first being of course that it’s two years old and it’s not just a switch – you have to “touch” all the content. The game was developed during the period HDR systems were still being ironed out. Even now there’s a bunch of 10 bit/Dolby Vision etc issues for consumers.

This was largely resolved in time for Halo Wars 2, and so the HDR implementation for that will be full since the game was built from scratch to support it.

The second – and from my perspective more important aspect is that Halo in particular has color symmetry on level designs as an aspect of balance and matchmaking. One side is blue and one side is red, often in fairly subtle ways. We already balance for that difference and applying changes retroactively would be a test issue at a grander scale than many other games. So we made the choice to concentrate on other IQ aspects for the update.

Obviously that won’t be an issue for future titles, since they’ll be targeted for those systems in the first place and the art, test and design processes aligned.

And besides, it looks very pretty anyway.

There ARE methods for just blanket applying HDR to extant content, but the results are mixed and really dependent on what the underlying material looks like. So we developed for a conservative and safe outcome for that particular software.

http://wccftech.com/halo-5-xbox-one-x-update-343-textures-no-real-hdr/

Maybe it’s because the difference between the Xbox one and the Xbox one x is much bigger than the difference between the PS4 and the pro but I can’t wait to play so many updated games on the Xbox one x, with halo 5 (along with FH3) being on the top of the list. My biggest problem with halo 5 visuals was the resolution so I really can’t wait to see how it will look at 4k and with enhanced textures .

Maybe it’s because the difference between the Xbox one and the Xbox one x is much bigger than the difference between the PS4 and the pro but I can’t wait to play so many updated games on the Xbox one x, with halo 5 (along with FH3) being on the top of the list. My biggest problem with halo 5 visuals was the resolution so I really can’t wait to see how it will look at 4k and with enhanced textures .
when the MCC came out I experienced a similar feeling with Halo 4 because of the enhanced framerate. The game looked fine, in fact it was, imo, the best looking Halo in the X360.

Just finished it...

What the hell? Felt like the game was chopped off in half.

Did they got stuck in a development hell or something?

Makes me remember destiny and MGSV

Just finished it...

What the hell? Felt like the game was chopped off in half.

Did they got stuck in a development hell or something?

Makes me remember destiny and MGSV
oh I'm sure they have always been stuck in development hell. That engine of theirs is clearly not friendly. Both Destiny and Halo have been in development hell for as long as I can remember.

I wish they spent a solid 2-3 years just building out their tools to make things easier on themselves.

Bungie's "hell" seems less pronounced as they have released five expansions since Destiny 2's launch in 2017.

bungie was pretty open with their development challenges. IIRC they explained that were forced to chop down beyond light DLC, move some stuff that should come with or a short time after beyond light to 2022 DLC, among many other things.

maybe halo 5 also got similar infomration, but i didnt know it because i didnt play the game when it launched years ago

Back