BLOPS 4 Battle Royale mode

Looks great, the question is will the $60 price of entry be too high? It will definitely grab the PUBG crowd (and run and look better), but what about the mass of Fortnite players?

Well it's going to get the usual COD players which is quite the large amount and some PUBG/Fortnite players so it all depends on whether the lack of single player is more detrimental than the pull of a Battle Royale mode?

In my opinion the Battle Royal mode is too hectic. The player almost only runs around because the circle gets smaller very quickly. After about four minutes 2/3 of the players are already dead. One round doesn't go much longer than in the usual COD team death match. All in all there is no tension in these matches for me but the visuals are fine and far better than in PUBG (only played on PC).

Last edited:
Seems ok. I didn't like the standard multiplayer beta. This is quite a bit more interesting. It's kind of odd. I've actually found pubg to be more action packed.

I'm super bummed now, can't get BLOPS 4 because it has a 50 GB day one patch. That's my cap for a month.

Btw, the title is a little click-baitey, but the netcode for BLOPS BR is pretty garbage. It has a low of 10Hz in the opening stages and caps out around 20Hz. That's just pretty awful. I'm sure they'll improve it over time, but you'll find yourself getting shot as you move behind cover a lot.

Back