XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

Well even the best hardware (well jaguar-cores aren't the best but much much better than the original xbox cpu-core ;) ) can't get around engine-bugs.
But really a shame that this game is always locked at 30fps.
yes, that's an issue in the current times. That's one of my biggest hopes for Call of Juarez BC happening one day, because the game had an unlocked framerate -I'd say it was in the 40fps range most of the time- and seeing the game at a locked 60 fps would be quite the experience on consoles. I have the game on PC too and it runs at 60 fps but anyways, where I played the most hours was on my X360 with a brother of mine -a casual that got addicted to that game in particular, as odd as it sounds-.

I may be getting old..but IIRC correctly the PC version of GRAW was a totally different game developed by GRIN using their own engine (with tacked on nVidia PhysX stuff....)
PhysX stuff wasn't really the huge thing, because the Havok stuff war more than enough. I bought the X360 version last weekend, compared to the PC version it's really weak.

Silent Hill HD Collection (SH 2&3) and Silent Hill Homecoming are BC, https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1021787238307225601

PhysX stuff wasn't really the huge thing, because the Havok stuff war more than enough. I bought the X360 version last weekend, compared to the PC version it's really weak.

Wasn't the original implementation of PhysX reliant on an expansion card? That would hugely limit it's appeal and presumably in the meantime, Havok became the defacto standard. We use Havok for our non-critical (i.e. not fully accurate) physics calculations.

Wasn't the original implementation of PhysX reliant on an expansion card?

It was, but IIRC you can enable additional PhysX effects (more debries, dust...) on Geforce 8 and later (not sure about running PhysX on CPU in GRAW, but it's possible in GRAW 2).

GRIN used Havok physics for really nice effects and game physics. You can shoot and destroy cars, destroy street lamps. Compared to the X360 version GRAW on PC is a monster.

LOL.

After years of asking for it. I hope there are 2 million players. Cause they have been asking for this one for as long as the program started and repeatedly harassed them on it

LOL.

After years of asking for it. I hope there are 2 million players. Cause they have been asking for this one for as long as the program started and repeatedly harassed them on it

And the massive Halo MCC patch went out yesterday, so it's ready for Xbox Game Pass on September 1. All those Halo and CoD players at once? Xbox Live to buckle in 3...2....

And the massive Halo MCC patch went out yesterday, so it's ready for Xbox Game Pass on September 1. All those Halo and CoD players at once? Xbox Live to buckle in 3...2....
IT already did today for halo matchcmaking services. It came back though. But MCC and 5 were out for a bit

One thing is for sure; xbx2 is gonna have BC.

This is the crown jewel of MP last gen. They’re gonna ride this one all the way through. Need to find a way to deal with hackers but, pretty nuts when I think about it.

I guess MS gave up on enhancing BC titles for X. Been a while without a single upgraded title.
It was specified that not all of them would be available to do it with. It did depend on some factors, but unsure of what.

Things can get complicated when dealing with the various render passes, especially if/when devs have made a number of fixed target assumptions that screw up with unexpected render target sizes e.g. UI/HUD, post-processing, and not something they're going to fix without developer/publisher intervention.

Anyways, perhaps they're saving a bunch of announcements for the event in Mexico - somewhat fitting if so.

Back