CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

All the doom and gloom isn't really necessary. The demo was meant for maximum effect (PR, talk, hype about the graphics and game scale), not any optimizations being performed now. Any LOD and distance scaling systems in place, were probably turned off on maintaining geometry complexity and texture detail regardless of the distance or relation between player, NPCs, vehicles, buildings and other objects within the environment. And of course, things such as pedestrian and vehicle population & density are set for maximum effect, on conveying CD Projekt's vision of a vibrant and bustling environment. That being said, the current generation of consoles will receive the necessary changes on maintaining a certain framerate and resolution befitting of their respective specs.
second this.
wait until the game is released before commenting on performance. Games in pre-alpha stage are not anywhere close to optimized at all. They are also showcases for a vertical slice of what they want to accomplish, and not actually fully representative of what will be delivered. See Ubisoft: Watch Dogs, The Division, etc.

Should really be a next gen game, 30fps 1080p on a 1080Ti, dont know how much they can improve but that seems like a next-gen game if the game isnt coded very bad or something. If the next-gens will get 1080Ti performance i dont know maybe abit lower.

I'm sure they'll optimize the living hell out of it by release and by that the most effective way is to cull graphics, scale, fidelity you name it. So in the end we're getting a much downgraded version of this anyway short of the highest end pc. I'm not holding my breath for CDPR's skill to optimize for a console launch, they're certainly not known for that.

I'm sure they'll optimize the living hell out of it by release and by that the most effective way is to cull graphics, scale, fidelity you name it. So in the end we're getting a much downgraded version of this anyway short of the highest end pc. I'm not holding my breath for CDPR's skill to optimize for a console launch, they're certainly not known for that.

Just like Uncharted 4 and GOW (2018)? :) Both of those went through optimizations before launch.

Optimizing the game doesn't necessarily mean drastically cutting down on the graphics IQ that has been shown. That said...

At least this time they did not present it to public. I was speaking about the behind closed doors exciting so much the journalist.

Sure and at no point did the developers say that this was console footage. They were quite up front about it being PC footage being shown. I think everyone understands that console graphics can't hope to match PC graphics, but that doesn't necessarily mean the game will be downgraded as we have no idea what they intend for console.

So at this point no one outside of CDPR and maybe even CDPR knows what their final console target will be. There's still likely 2+ years of development to go on Cyberpunk 2077. In 2 years time, 1080ti level of performance might be midrange or upper midrange at that time. Combined with optimizations that will occur before shipping, there's a good chance that the shipping game will look that good or maybe even better...on PC. :)

I for one am excited at the prospect of PC potentially being the lead development platform and thus not having to be held back significantly by the consoles. :) That would also mean good things for the next round of consoles as it'll look fantastic on those even while shipping on current consoles.

Regards,
SB

I consider it quite impressive that a game which looks this good is already running at a stable framerate on a single graphics card with at least 18 months of optimization to go.

Next gen consoles will look close to what's been shown behind closed doors, and current gen will look like a supercharged Witcher 3. That's nothing to be concerned about IMO.

Really impressive!
Now I can't wait even more :)

Love multiple ways to reach your quest goal and their implications!
Combat too looks great!
There are so many things I'm looking forward to discover while playing this game, watching this gameplay only gives us a small glimpse of it ...

It's here :)

The future of gaming looks good, very good. By that, CDPR has set the bar super high for other developers on bringing the goods. The amount of environmental/personal interactivity and the very adult-natured narratives makes one wonder... have we gotten the game of our dreams finally? Graphics wise, nothing was jaw dropping IMHO, but very gorgeous no doubt. Where Cyberpunk 2077 does make my jaw drop, is the staggering amount of NPCs and the realism of interactions (though some interactions made me cringe) between you and the energy of the city and it's beings. Simply put, day 1 purchase.

Back