What Anime are you watching now?

For the passionate soccer fans Captain Tsubasa seems pretty good!
I remember the original anime (I wasn't born when it first aired, but this anime was repeatedly aired throughout the 80s in my country). I was supperaddicted to it, even though I didn't like football.

It's funny because I remember that a few years ago I read somewhere that some people calculated how long a pitch must had been according to how much the characters ran while they were thinking and talking... and it was huuuuuge, of course. :D

Was planning on watching Batman Ninja tonight. Was gonna take a pass when I first heard about it, then I saw the trailer for it and thought, "Yeah, that's definitely worth giving a chance!", just because of all the anime names attached to it!

I finished Alderamin on the Sky. Hm... meh... hm... maybe it was good? Some of the last few episodes were quite boring. The last episode was quite interesting, though (the way it ended, specially). And even though I said before that the animation is very good, I've spotted some moments where I went WTF (because of a weirdly animated big head or bad drawn fingers... it really stuck out in comparison with the overall high quality).

I'm still watching the first season for Shokugeki no Soma. So fun! I love Megumi. She's so sweet, but not in an annoying way. The variety of characters is well portrayed, as well, and it's enjoyable. Also, it makes me want to cook! XD

Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake (same story, better design/animation).
Also kinda trying the Godzilla anime

Shokugeki no Soma.

Hahaha! I'm watching the karaage wars episodes and I liked the karaage song in the background. I found the tone and the vibrato of the singer very funny each time I heard "karaaAaAage" and after a quick search I found this:

Was planning on watching Batman Ninja tonight. Was gonna take a pass when I first heard about it, then I saw the trailer for it and thought, "Yeah, that's definitely worth giving a chance!", just because of all the anime names attached to it!

I felt like it was a waste of my time. Probably would of been better as a series spread over 12 episodes.

Just all actions and very little story telling. Great setting but disappointed in the execution.

is a third season for attack on titan out yet? :)

Hentai and Anime....same animal...different species.....Anime generally doesn't have tentacle rape scenes....that more the field of hentai...i would say 60% of henti has tentacle sex.....well thats a guess but more than 60% if the ones i've seen has Tentacle sex...and i ain't watching any more...been put right of it...due to the flurry of scat hentai films......rough.

wtf is with octopuses banging school girls anyway? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary and the Witch's Flower. Hm, not bad, but the quality of the drawings (not the animation, per se, nor the backgrounds, which were gorgeous) seemed weird to me. I don't know if it was just a change in style or if it was just worse in comparison to previous films, and this doubt is not good. Also, I definitely miss Hisaishi's music for Studio Ghibli movies.

Just thought I'd mention I'm loving Steins Gate 0 and Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory way too much this season! I'm anxiously awaiting every episode every week, it feels great to be enthused about something at least again lately! :D

He is my favorite dbz character since i discovered Him in the first movie in 1994.

Happy to see Him again. Hope the movie does not disappoint.

Last edited:
I've been digging the new series "Island". On its fourth episode and it's hooked me pretty fully.

Still loving Stein's Gate 0, can't believe how much. Look forward to it every week and I make sure not to watch it until I got some serious quality me time to enjoy it fully. :)

DB just never gets old, even when they rehash the same concepts and even old characters over and over. How can you not love it!
By never getting in to it in the first place? I plead guilty to never having watched anything DB. It came out when I was too old for such things, and I've never looked back with regret although a lot of people are making me think that I might have to overcome my bias from many decades ago and try it?

I am NOT knocking DB at all, I'm just totally clueless about it. Like One Piece; I don't know if it's good or bad, I just know it's been around forever and it's never really grabbed my eye enough to check it out. Different strokes for different folks and all that. (RrrrrrrRRRAAAAWWWW! ;) )

Also watching Overlord now ^^
Couldn't wait so started to read the light novels, I'm over 1000 pages read now, it's fun because it reveals more than the anime (which makes sense).

Have gone through a few episodes of "Angolmois - Genkou Kassenki" and seems pretty interesting so far.
Not sure if there is any historical truth but basically about Mongols who invade Japan and resistance at one small island.

I'm just starting the second season of Overlord now, I like it too!

Also still Steins Gate 0 is really messing with me, and Island has grabbed me quite nicely. :)

I also recently watched Erased and really enjoyed it, just found out it was made in to a live-action series that's on Netflix now that I've watched the first two episodes of and I think it's the best animation->live action I've ever seen done! (Subbed not dubbed helps)

I'm just starting the second season of Overlord now, I like it too!

Also still Steins Gate 0 is really messing with me, and Island has grabbed me quite nicely. :)

I also recently watched Erased and really enjoyed it, just found out it was made in to a live-action series that's on Netflix now that I've watched the first two episodes of and I think it's the best animation->live action I've ever seen done! (Subbed not dubbed helps)
Erased anime is awesome. I loved it.

Back