Resident Evil 2 Remake [XO, PS4, PC]

Looking good. With all the work that has recently gone into resurrecting RE1.5, Capcom should introduce a cameo by Elza Walker into the game somewhere.

I don't get the hype for its graphics here, the cutscenes looked good but gameplay looked below average at best. But then again never played Re2 original so maybe the leap in graphics didn't shock me as much :).

I don't get the hype for its graphics here, the cutscenes looked good but gameplay looked below average at best. But then again never played Re2 original so maybe the leap in graphics didn't shock me as much :).

I really hate the over-the-shoulder shooting perspective. Hopefully, they will give gamers the option on selecting the original game perspective (i.e., third-person) or an option for first-person.

I'm hoping this is more survival horror rather than ending up more like Resident Evil Revelations 3 i.e. more of a 3rd person shooter.

I'm hoping this is more survival horror rather than ending up more like Resident Evil Revelations 3 i.e. more of a 3rd person shooter.
The videos unfortunately show something of that ilk. Capcom should have at least "played" a bit with the character's behavior to convey their fear. Their in game dialogue, weapons, and actions still convey a veteran. Leon is a rookie, your everyday person. And so is Claire. She was your average person looking for her brother. This is why the first 2 games were so successful with the survival horror atmosphere. Even the Bravo team sent to investigate the Racoon forest were normal vulnerable people stuck in a terrifying unsafe situation. From Resi 3 onwards characters transformed into the typical hollywood action hero. Jill from Resi 1 and Jill in Resi 3 onwards are two completely different personalities. One was a vulnerable person and the other was a master of a huge arsenal of weapons who could evade zombie attacks. As the series evolved she became your typical super special force assassin with zero sense of fear. She became Nina from Tekken fused with Jovovich

I think it's a bit too premature to prejudge. The last video seems to be more faithful to the spirit of the second game at least.

resident-evil-2-remake-2018721172621_1.jpg

Capcom: "Resident Evil 2 graphics are almost movie like quality"

https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-2-graphics-movie-like/

Another example that very good graphics are possible at 60 fps this gen, but only on linear games.

Multiplayers games look good too, but they are less complex by definition.

Capcom's CGI Resi movies (at least the first two) had awful facial animations, though. Everyone in that game was botoxed to the point of paralysis. The games have been way better in that regard since RE6.

is Dolph Lundgren in the game?
I wish it was a little bit more faithful to the original with some art choices. Littlle additions. Not much.
Like the corridor where we meet the rain-coat covered Tyrant for the first time. The corridor had some small details that gave it identity. There was a bit of nice ambience too in the police station.
It still looks great though.

Back