Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Just realized during my second playthrough that
If they want to make a sequel, the story is actually set for that. Since there's a 4 year time span between when the game ends and when time actually stops. I'd also like to see how they handle Beth if the game gets a sequel.

Other than that, i like all my choices better in my first playthrough so far. Which were:
Hardline -> Bussiness -> Amaral -> Control

I feel like the story isn't as good, or as complete as my first play through, in the second I'm picking everything opposite. I also don't really care about the TV show the second time through, not enough things change (except a certain scene between Paul and Jack). Overall, I'd say i enjoyed Alan Wake more than QB, and Max Payne 2 still remains my favorite Remedy game to date.

Last edited:
Something that I forgot to note, the sound design is absolutely fantastic. You can literally use your powers and alter sound (try throwing a time bomb on a radio for example). On a proper surround sound system this game is an absolute treat and a showcase title. Major props to the sound team at Remedy, fantastic work :)

As for the soundtrack, i really liked it, this track in particular:

But i do think Alan Wake and Max Payne 2 had more memorable OST. This track from MP2 will stick with me for the rest of my life

Can't say that for any of the tracks in QB.

Last edited:
1000/1000'd

capture59kpz.png

Took me 27 hours, nice game wouldn't mind a sequel that improves on this formula (after Alan Wake 2) :yep2:

Took me 27 hours, nice game wouldn't mind a sequel that improves on this formula (after Alan Wake 2) :yep2:

Wow, dedicate. I recently finished it, well almost, I skipped the cheap confusing boss fight at the end and then watched the cutscene on Youtube. Seems like it had about 4-5 hours of game play and it constantly interrupted me with story. The acting and story wasn't bad, they just forgot they were making a game. It might have been better if they just went full Quantic Dream on it and skipped the combat.

Overall it was a 6.5/10. The time powers were fun, but they just needed to open up the game a bit, maybe have larger more sand box like levels. Also the TV stuff was pointless and the narrative was a bit heavy and also gave away the ending.

People are always asking for something new and different. And I felt the video, choices you have to make during the videos, and the gameplay mix offered a different way of story telling from the norm.

Take that as you will, it’s different to play for 45 minutes to an hour, then watch a show on the results for 25 minutes and then make a choice on how that could impact the storyline.

I have this on the shelf ...is it worth playing on the X and more importantly can I skip the videos!?

You can skip the TV epidisodes, they stream. They flesh out the story a bit more, but they move kind of slow. The worse offender is the gameplay cut-scenes, they are constantly taking control away from the player to have more dialogue. I only played on the X. Still not a great looking game, but at least it's not low res anymore. It can look like a remastered last gen game at times, but the actors faces are well done.

I have this on the shelf ...is it worth playing on the X and more importantly can I skip the videos!?
I believe the x had a quick patch made for it by one guy at MS. Its def a good game. I enjoyed it a lot and more importantly the videos are actually great. I enjoyed the live action mix as the actors were all pretty good .

Most of those images have great shading and lighting with good depth (nice AO implementation). Far from flat. The time-warp effects are also very good along with particles from what I've seen.
The problem with QB's visual to me is that the environment lacks in details, it's not dense in geometry, low res texuture everywhere, very noisy lighting, reflection, butt ugly shadows and less than stellar ingame character models. It's as if they sacrificed too much to get that GI up and running which in itself is not all that spectacular. The game looked subpar on my X compared to the likes of AssCreed Origins, Gears 4 and Far Cry 5, would not call it great looking by any stretch these days. I believe Northlight engine would truly shine no pun on next gen consoles.

Quantum Break is definitely not nearly perfect in terms of visual quality, but it has some crazy visuals I haven't seen in any other game. Been a while since I played it, so I don't know if I could pick out many individual scenes, but I think the lighting affords for some incredibly dynamic and interesting scenes.

The time effects and powers look cool, but that is like 15% of the game. It's all the walking around in labs and stuff that are unimpressive.

Compared to an open world game that is like two years older, it doesn't hold up well.

Back