No Man's Sky [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, NX, XGP]

Not sure how it's similar to Warframe at all. There's no free version and there's no microtransactions. It's more the opposite of Warframe.

Similar in that it is getting constant content updates and visual upgrades for free. It's fairly rare to see that in B2P games. Even GW2 which is a poster child for B2P charges money for large content updates and visual upgrades in the form of expansions.

No Man's Sky could rightly have charged something for the latest content drop, but they didn't.

Regards,
SB

It's on special on steam at the moment.

Yup, but not for much longer. At 30 USD, it's still far too expensive for me, however. Even with the added storyline, it's still very much a sandbox game. I don't stay invested in sandbox games usually, so I don't pay a lot for them.

I do like that the developer has stuck with the game despite all the much deserved criticism he received at the original launch and has continued to try to deliver what he promised before the game was released.

Regards,
SB

i'm on ps4 pro, it did not run that bad before, but they added a lot a things though...
i locked it to 30fps so it's less jarring.
And there are a lot of small freezing when travelling in hyperspace or entering planets.

same here, performance issues, bugs and changes in elements and technology are not welcoming for a returning players

Yeah but they seem to be on every planet I've been to. It also applies a cloudy skybox above them and as your flying down to a planet it looks stupid suddenly appearing at a weird angle.

I haven't been to many planets though so I'm not sure if clouds are on every one. Would be very lazy if they are.

you can have different layers of clouds on earth too it's not shocking. But having clouds on planets without atmosphere would be dumb, but i don't know if there are planets like this in the game.

different-layers-clouds-calming-view-pink-horizon-46932558.jpg

you can have different layers of clouds on earth too it's not shocking.
I'm not complaining that they exist, just that they're not implemented very well. They should only fade into existence once you're low enough below the 3D clouds.
But having clouds on planets without atmosphere would be dumb, but i don't know if there are planets like this in the game.
I've landed on some planets with extreme high temps that are basically build shelter or die, but there's fluffy white clouds above me.

I'm not complaining that they exist, just that they're not implemented very well. They should only fade into existence once you're low enough below the 3D clouds.

I've landed on some planets with extreme high temps that are basically build shelter or die, but there's fluffy white clouds above me.
I landed on a moon without volumetric clouds. There was still a tiny skybox though.
Venus is a boiling 400 degrees planet on the surface and there are big White clouds in the sky ^^

Fired this up to check out the updates. Thought a 30 min spell would suffice...4 hours later I was like, 'what just happened there'? it really did only feel like I played for an hour!

Fired this up to check out the updates. Thought a 30 min spell would suffice...4 hours later I was like, 'what just happened there'? it really did only feel like I played for an hour!
Yeah this game definitely has that timewarp effect.

Seems like today's update tanked the performance on my console.

I played the original version following it's release for about 30 hours before hitting one of those bugs that prevented further progress but I really enjoyed those 30 hours.

I've not played since but played until the Next update last Saturday and spent about four hours with the latest version of the game. I may be misremembering but my recollection is that in the original I was able to upgrade my multi-tool (weapon and speed/efficiency of the mining laser) and inventory much quicker than it seems now. I just couldn't break the cycle of constantly having to mine and having to refuel the ship after take/off landing is not welcome at all.

I had a play with the base building, which is a welcome addition. I think I'll wait for a few more patches. Everything feels convoluted now. Constantly mining, refining, crafting just to do some basic things. I'm not sure it's an improvement. And the UI isn't great, nor is how the tutorial decides to lead you. It's way easy to select another objective and lose track of what you're trying to do.

And why, for the love of god, in a game where mining is so important, are the sentinels so bloody pervasive? It's just annoying.

I played the original version following it's release for about 30 hours before hitting one of those bugs that prevented further progress but I really enjoyed those 30 hours.

I've not played since but played until the Next update last Saturday and spent about four hours with the latest version of the game. I may be misremembering but my recollection is that in the original I was able to upgrade my multi-tool (weapon and speed/efficiency of the mining laser) and inventory much quicker than it seems now. I just couldn't break the cycle of constantly having to mine and having to refuel the ship after take/off landing is not welcome at all.

I had a play with the base building, which is a welcome addition. I think I'll wait for a few more patches. Everything feels convoluted now. Constantly mining, refining, crafting just to do some basic things. I'm not sure it's an improvement. And the UI isn't great, nor is how the tutorial decides to lead you. It's way easy to select another objective and lose track of what you're trying to do.

And why, for the love of god, in a game where mining is so important, are the sentinels so bloody pervasive? It's just annoying.

Yeah, they made it slower to start from my memory to...it was too easy before IMHO.

I agree about the fuel too...PITA having to refuel so frequently (maybe gets less of a pain in time?)...it was like that before IIRC.

With the sentinels, I tend to move on as soon as they notice anything and try to stay out of their way... another thing I do when they are sniffing around is just partially mine (not destroy completely).

With the sentinels, I tend to move on as soon as they notice anything and try to stay out of their way... another thing I do when they are sniffing around is just partially mine (not destroy completely).

When you're building a base you don't want to venture miles off to get carbon and dust, you need a ton of it and the biggest quantities come when a resource is fully depleted. :-|

Back