Formula 1 - 2018 Season

WTF? 10 seconds? Vettel got 5 seconds for hitting Bottas causing much more damage, Max didn't get anything hitting Kimi the same way (aside the fact that Kimi only lost 1 position opposed to several), but Kimi gets 10!?

Brilliant race

Edit: The qualifying was also epic, less than 0.1 seconds covering the top 3 over 5.891 km. That is insane.

I was there at Silverstone for the race and I need to rewatch it on TV as there was so much going on!

It was amazing seeing these cars take turn 1 and 2 at the limit of adhesion! Top 3 cars visibly more stable than the rest, with Williams being so much worse than any other car ...

Great race!

Seems like it has been blocked. The whole Alonso vs. Magnussen fight at the end of the race wasn't shown on TV because of the fight at the front.

At least Fernando got past Kevin

Seems like it has been blocked. The whole Alonso vs. Magnussen fight at the end of the race wasn't shown on TV because of the fight at the front.

At least Fernando got past Kevin
Only the embedding is blocked, should work as long as you click on the "Watch on YouTube" link (It's official Formula 1 video)

Thank you that was great. :)

and not great at the same time. Magnussen is like double Verstappen

More hydraulics hijinks! This info about Vandoorne's car having lower aero than Alonso's is also intriguing. A few year ago someone else was having mystery issues that turned out to be a hairline crack in the tub. I wonder if this is the same situation, and if McLaren's supposed funding issues play a part in not solving this ASAP. Or maybe there just hasn't been time to go through his car with a fine toothed x-ray machine given the recent schedule.

Question about Bottas' contract: is the second year option his or the team's? (In the NBA, options are specified as player or team. My usual F1 reads haven't clarified.)

Question on Toto's claim that they're losing half a second a lap to Ferrari on the straights: am I in bizarro world?

What's the betting line on # of first lap racing incidents in this mixed up field? :)

F1 - German Grand Prix
DiOfQquUYAAHvIw.jpg

Interesting race, but pathetic for Mercedes to forbid Bottas from overtaking Hamilton so the golden princess can get the win

edit:
Also, I hope there will be investigation about the pit-entry incident even if it's after the race, there are strict rules on pit entry and exit lines, surely you can't just go halfway into pits already and then just return to track via grass?

Haha brilliant! Love it... 14th to the win in those conditions suberb.

Ferrari messed up keeping Seb too long behind Kimi, but hey ho Seb binned it anyway.

Interesting race, but pathetic for Mercedes to forbid Bottas from overtaking Hamilton so the golden princess can get the win

edit:
Also, I hope there will be investigation about the pit-entry incident even if it's after the race, there are strict rules on pit entry and exit lines, surely you can't just go halfway into pits already and then just return to track via grass?

Both fins are obviously second drivers. What did you expect?

Anyway Ferrari and RBR cocked up on strategy.

Both fins are obviously second drivers. What did you expect?
Yes, that's why Kimi finished ahead of Vettel in Austria despite Ferrari having all the time in the world to switch them around.

Today their switch was logical, Vettel had some 10+ laps fresher tires with a lot more speed

Bottas was dropped like a bad smell well before he got the call to back off, that's if the FIA got the timings right when they showed a replay.

He had one chance and he blew it. Once Hamilton's tyres were up to temp he was gone. Plan and simple. Even you probably... Lol as if you can enter a reasonable debate with Hamilton

Yes, that's why Kimi finished ahead of Vettel in Austria despite Ferrari having all the time in the world to switch them around.

Today their switch was logical, Vettel had some 10+ laps fresher tires with a lot more speed

We all know you have some other worldly ways of thinking when it comes to Fins but everyone with the least bit of common sense knows both are without a doubt second drivers. Just because they occasionally finish in front of the #1 doesn't change that.

Maybe you need to replay today's radio messages.

According to some reports Ferrari has protested on the Hamiltons pit incident

edit: and Hamilton has been called in front of the stewards

Well, if anything happens it will be because Ferrari paid for it. According to Brundle, there is absolutely nothing in the rules prohibiting what Hamilton did, and in fact it has been done before at Hungry without so much as a mention.

He had one chance and he blew it. Once Hamilton's tyres were up to temp he was gone. Plan and simple. Even you probably... Lol as if you can enter a reasonable debate with Hamilton

You mean Mercedes blew it when they gave Bottas a 16 second pit stop.

Back