Car game comparisons *hit & run*

FH4 looks better than both.

Definitely! The amount of tech packed into this game is astounding. Real time voxel GI, loads of dynamic lights in the world, dynamic weather, dynamic seasons, TOD, deformable mud sand and snow!, soft body physics for fiolage that properly wraps around objects (not like UC or other games wher foilage just wiggle when walking through them, high res textures, 16xAF, native 4k, and a 60fps mode?! This game is no doubt going to be the racer of this gen unless something comes out within the next 2 years *FH5 lol

Leaves freaking going up the windshield! The visuals are gobsmackingly top notch. PG are something else

woahipskh.gif

Definitely! The amount of tech packed into this game is astounding. Real time voxel GI, loads of dynamic lights in the world, dynamic weather, dynamic seasons, TOD, deformable mud sand and snow!, soft body physics for fiolage that properly wraps around objects (not like UC or other games wher foilage just wiggle when walking through them, high res textures, 16xAF, native 4k, and a 60fps mode?! This game is no doubt going to be the racer of this gen unless something comes out within the next 2 years *FH5 lol

Leaves freaking going up the windshield! The visuals are gobsmackingly top notch. PG are something else

woahipskh.gif

Yeah, that looks absolutely marvellous. I love that real-time graphics now are better than the CG cutscenes from my childhood!

Cherry picking shots are really not useful in here since I can literally find hundreds of down right ugly shots of GT, far worse than those DC shots in fact. I admit GTS has some nice baked lighting, realistic materials, clean textures but the over abundance of cardboard cutout foliage, low res environment assets are a constant eye sore. Also the underlying techs used in DC is overall far superior admittedly thanks to the 30fps budget. If we compare them in their best, GT really doesn't begin to come close especially in motion. The asset quality in DC is far higher.
1478190766-driveclub-lpsdn.png
1448707517-driveclub-e0sfm.png
actmwfb89snq.jpg

The volumetric lighting, cloud, dynamic weather, self shadowing POM, more complex SSR and motion blur that GTS could ever dream of having at 60fps.
1476795842-driveclub-oksn4.png

1476795846-driveclub-mwsz5.png

1461160947-driveclub-dkshx.png

1449309723-driveclub-3zsqk.png

Defense is "cherry picked shots" which were as close to being in like-for-like environment setting and lighting conditions (even tried to help DC in favor by using its massive photomode improvement for comparisons), but then goes on to post cherry picked photomode DC shots with filters all over? Good one man. Environment assets are actually higher-res in GTS compared to DC. There's a lot of hyperbole going on here as even the worst looking GT track doesn't look as bad as this. http://u.cubeupload.com/vspectra/driveclub20151108014.png

DC looks great still in the rain and certain time conditions, but it's really obvious by the track details and material work that it's one of the eariler PS4 games. I'll take this over to the other thread though.

Driveclub enhances the IQ and shadow quality only when you stand still for a moment, you can see it being processed, just like in GTS when you press the "shoot" button and it takes several seconds of processing. when you move around it does not add anything, stop spreading false information please.

And DC looks great in sunny conditions too. Textures are muddier overall, but with a lot more details and objects in the brackground.
GTS look pretty TV like in replays, but the tracks are barren in comparison, not to mention that foliage does not even move.

Driveclub enhances the IQ and shadow quality only when you stand still for a moment, you can see it being processed, just like in GTS when you press the "shoot" button and it takes several seconds of processing. when you move around it does not add anything, stop spreading false information please.

And DC looks great in sunny conditions too. Textures are muddier overall, but with a lot more details and objects in the brackground.
GTS look pretty TV like in replays, but the tracks are barren in comparison, not to mention that foliage does not even move.

LOD detail as well as the GI is actually also enhanced in photomode in DC, which isn't false info. I even had comparisons that proved before the mods deleted it.

Driveclub actually looks pretty bad in daylight conditions (specifically mid day/afternoon) majority of time though. Really brings out the very poor material work and textures. Looks great in dawn/morning and rain. I don't even think DC is a horrible looking game, but to claim it outdoes Gran Turismo Sport in every aspect is downright false. GTS does quite a lot of things better, whilst having to render at double the framerate. Texture work, material shaders, lighting, car models are all of much higher quality in GTS.

GTS

DC

To claim GTS is all barren though is quite a false statement. Both DC and GTS have some pretty barren looking tracks, but there are others pack a bunch of detail.

gameplay using bumper camera

Your other statement that GTS only looks like TV/real only in replays is also highly false.

gameplay

gameplay using bumpercam, framerate mode
470GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Last edited:
To sum up:

Driveclub has:
better track détails overall, more objects, lot more foliage, spectators, buildings density and detail, bigger landscapes
volumetric clouds
Wind that blows in foliage, flags, smoke.
dynamic TOD and weather
better shadows
better reflections

GTS has
better texture quality (not for everything though but overall)
better IQ
better "real TV" effect during replays and fast gameplay
60FPS

And yes GTS tracks feel emptier compared to DC tracks.
Then GTS is "unfinished". Things might get better, like added weather.
But for now that's how i feel about both games.

you guys need to stop comparing replay mode. it would baseline and make this discussion straight forward.

Keep things to just pure in-game capture. And it should be easier to do this comparison thread.
I've heard everything under the sun about how, replay adds nothing, there's no difference.

But you don't know for sure.
So make it simple and consistent and just use PS4 record feature for both. Any issues with the record feature would eb present on both. So you've baselined better than we are now.

eh, it's the methodology that matters ;) not the winner! there will always be a new king.
DC had a really good run and there are still times that can really fool people.

i had made comparisons at the time between photomode and gameplay for DC, and the only thing that would change was the car LOD during a race with other cars, in TT it's the same, for the car and tracks, then the image is processed once you stop moving the camera around.

i had made comparisons at the time between photomode and gameplay for DC, and the only thing that would change was the car LOD during a race with other cars, in TT it's the same, for the car and tracks, then the image is processed once you stop moving the camera around.
If you took direct capture and pulled screenshots from there would be the most reflective I think what a player would see. I do wonder if it's possible to augment the 'share' button feature. Run the rendering pipeline differently at that split second. Shouldn't be possible though, since the share button should be taking whats on the back buffer.

Interesting, good job on the separation and test studies there, it's appreciable that someone would take the effort to test then just conjecture or blindly believing what people write.

DC should have much better graphics than other racing games and this is not the case.

It's a linear racing game running at 30fps, but Evolution was unable to translate this advantage in far better graphics.

It's a launch game though. However, KSF still looks better than many games because it's a linear 30fps game.

Oh it's still quite the case in many aspects alright, despite being a launch game on a base ps4 and all.
Driveclub
OHkvN9S.gif

Real life
anigif_enhanced-21945-1416856404-6.gif

Nothing comes close to this even now. The power of volumetric lighting, cloud sim and dynamic GI just can't be touched here.
2655694-1101020820-25326.gif

giphy.gif

2686520-vnqeet.gif

I'm seeing liberal use of large gifs in this thread so don't mind me participate too mods:)

Back