World Cup Russia

England flipping lucky tonight. Playing OK against an average Colombian team, scored a goal and had the opposition struggling before deciding to try and defend the narrow lead and failing.

Can't see us beating the better teams in the other half of the draw should we manage to best Sweden. Don't imagine that game will be a goal fest!

Spot on mate. Southgate obviously thinks he's got a team of inestas (in their prime) and delete gea in goal not sterling who struggles to pass to anyone in the same shirt and Pickford who is not quite ready yet.

Every substitution was negative and just encouraged Columbia. Fine Alli was injured but put rashford or loftus cheek on and keep going.

That shot was a belter - came out of absolutely nowhere so Pickford did well to save it, not that it mattered ultimately as they scored from the subsequent corner! They weren't really any threat before then but they had a good go at it during the first half of extra time.

Amazed that the Colombians finished with 11 men on the pitch given their antics earlier in the game. Just what do you have to do to be booked for dissent these days?

Pickford who is not quite ready yet.
I think Pickford proved his mettle. The save on Uribe was good, the penalty he denied was class. He could do nothing when the Columbians scored.

I'm glad England progressed, the unsportsmanlike display of the Colombians earlier in the game was unbearable to watch and should've been penalized more.

And .... England finally won a penalty shootout !!

Cheers

The England team went to visit an orphanage in Columbia this morning.
"It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible."
said Emilio Di Costa aged 6

Someone should call David Attenborough because three lions just beat 11 cheaters

If I was from South America I’d join thousands of others in the street and celebrate my country’s win by beeping cars horns and dancing in the streets,
but I'm English so I’m going to celebrate with a cup of tea

Last edited:
"It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible."

Someone should call David Attenborough because three lions just beat 11 cheaters

If I was from South America I’d join thousands of others in the street and celebrate my country’s win by beeping cars horns and dancing in the streets,
but I'm English so I’m going to celebrate with a cup of tea

You could also try to find some Russians to get into street fights with. ;-)

Brilliant! hahhaa

Ah, well. SNAFU for England.

Took the early lead, fluffed other chances in the first half then fell to pieces and lost when trying to defend in the second half and extra time.

Poor management from Southgate to not change things around when Croatia were dominating midfield but I think our options were limited (especially as Dele Alli was so *multiple profanities deleted* as usual!) and we were already further on in the tournament than we expected to get.

Well done to Croatia for a fully deserved win, but I'm sorry to say that I think you'll be hammered by France who looked really good against Belgium last night. So controlled in defence and great on the break. I don't think anybody on our half of the draw could live with them. You never know about football, I suppose.

Saw an amusing comment about the game before it started earlier on, and I quote:

"I've not felt this nervous about a semi since I watched Brokeback Mountain..." ;)

Not this decade, at least.

I never thought it was, truth be told, but was beginning to wonder after we fluked our way to the semis through an easy draw...

Shitty ref calls and the cunt diver on the first french goal. Second one - if it wasn't the big nation in this, he wouldn't have called that shitshow pen not even in the 3rd league or a friendly.

Back