World Cup Russia

Portugal - Iran and Spain - Morocco were crazy matches last night.

A lot of incidents and Portugal almost lost P2 in the group because of Iran's near goal in the last minutes of the match and because Cristiano Ronaldo missed a penalty earlier.

I finally tried the BBC World Cup VR App (UK Only) yesterday on PSVR. While the resolution is a tad low, it is still an amazing experience! Next best thing to being in the stadium, IMO! With three cameras, I was always switching to the ones behind the goals (they are at pitch level) when some opportunity for goal could show up and manage to watch Argentina's second goal. The middle camera it is like you are in a VIP cabin. You can even look down and see people on the stand below! :D

So much better than just watching on TV. I wish my team back in my home country had VR, I would totally pay for it!

Last edited:
I've not had the opportunity to see much football at all during this World Cup, but it doesn't strike me that any team in particular looks as though they are going to be unbeatable. I'd say there are several teams who have a really good chance - heck, even England might scrape it with a bit of luck (unlikely, I know)!

Most of the better teams seem to be less than the sum of their parts at the moment, which is often the case at international level. Great players but not quite on the same wavelength. Perhaps one or two of them will gel during the knockout stages?

Obligatory

DfhPhLfU0AA7k3s.jpg:large

whos the guy in the first photo, I assume a football player, though queenie is sniffing the other hand, so they might wanna mirror the photo for better effect

whos the guy in the first photo, I assume a football player, though queenie is sniffing the other hand, so they might wanna mirror the photo for better effect
Joachim Löw, Germany's manager. He's infamous for his nervous gestures and mannerisms during matches.

The big stars are falling, but it has been dramatic and entertaining and heart-breaking. And some fantastic long shot goals, truly amazing hits.

Spain played too conservatively during the normal play time to deserve to move on.

Back