AMD Vega 10, Vega 11, Vega 12 and Vega 20 Rumors and Discussion

I just don't think 10x Fiji is really that impressive given the limited sales and production of Fiji and the large amount of Vega sales attributed to mining. At least from a gamer perspective on the success of the product. Obviously financially for AMD it's still a success I guess.
From a gaming perspective sure, and relative to Nvidia's GP102 its level of impact may seem less impressive but it was much more of a success than one could say about Fiji and actually made financial sense for AMD this time in terms recoup R&D (not just R&D for Vega10 but the whole architecture range and importantly framework/solutions) or at least on its way to do so.
It did feel like though AMD and some analysts were trying to downplay the crypto-mining revenue over the last quarter, possibly due to the affect it had on Nvidia from an analyst-financial stock consideration (became more volatile) with forecasting.
Seems the narrative in the post event QA round table kinda more open about it than they have in the past 6 months.

Dual Vega 10 as Radeon Pro V340 slide leaked:

EwxpQIn.jpg

https://videocardz.com/76561/amd-radeon-pro-v340-is-the-first-7nm-graphics-card

EDIT: Apparently not a leak, just a silent launch:
https://benchlife.info/amd-radeon-pro-v340-with-32gb-hbm2-06142018/

Crossfire/SLI is as good as dead, so it's definitely not coming to consumers.
As for power consumption, it might be a dual Vega 56 Nano with a 350W TBP.

Pretty sure thats TSMCs 7nm process, GF has yet to even begin tapeouts.
I would be very surprised if that was the case, AMD certainly haven't confirmed anything either way. I would expect Zen2 to be one of the test vehicle's used in GF's risk production and i would be on Zen2 SOC being manufactured at GF with GPU's at TSMC.

I would be very surprised if that was the case, AMD certainly haven't confirmed anything either way. I would expect Zen2 to be one of the test vehicle's used in GF's risk production and i would be on Zen2 SOC being manufactured at GF with GPU's at TSMC.
Lisa said they will use whichever foundry is ready first out of TSMC/GloFo, and TSMC is definitely first. Garry Patton of GloFo even said AMD will use them later after TSMC, calling themselves fast followers on the FinFET node, citing being a leader being too expensive.

Lisa said they will use whichever foundry is ready first out of TSMC/GloFo, and TSMC is definitely first. Garry Patton of GloFo even said AMD will use them later after TSMC, calling themselves fast followers on the FinFET node, citing being a leader being too expensive.
And none of that conflicts with what I said.

Pretty sure thats TSMCs 7nm process, GF has yet to even begin tapeouts.
Yeah TSMC was 35% performance while GF was meant to be 40% but with less gate density also slightly less efficiency relative to TSMC.
Although that figure for TSMC seems to be the 1st stage CLN7FF, one is meant to expect small gains with the TSMC UEV process (to begin with anyway) but I guess better scale of economy/BOM.

while also getting 2x the density and 2x the efficiency . Should make for decent chips
Usually, you cannot pick both the performance increase and power reduction at the same time.

later edit: … at least not to their respective full extent. I could imagine that there's some middle ground where you can compromise between the two.

Last edited:
Back