CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Although the trailer looked brilliant it didnt really look like a cross gen title to me.
Maybe not a cross gen title but still substantially better than TW3, tho I'm more worried about CDPR's optimization skill here, they're not best known for getting something running smoothly at launch not to mention the severe visual cutbacks compare to the reveal trailer.

Maybe not a cross gen title but still substantially better than TW3, tho I'm more worried about CDPR's optimization skill here, they're not best known for getting something running smoothly at launch not to mention the severe visual cutbacks compare to the reveal trailer.

I think they won't make the same mistake twice. And the trailer was not out of this world (what impressed me was the number of NPCs in some situations, but that's another type of "whoooah").
For the global optimization, yeah... On PC The Witcher 3 needed somes patches to run ok, and squash some nasty bugs. I've hope they've learn from that too.

I think they won't make the same mistake twice. And the trailer was not out of this world (what impressed me was the number of NPCs in some situations, but that's another type of "whoooah").
For the global optimization, yeah... On PC The Witcher 3 needed somes patches to run ok, and squash some nasty bugs. I've hope they've learn from that too.

There is a limit to what QA will uncover and there will be feedback loop for that. There is probably a level of pressure in getting something released, even though they keep saying when its done. It is a business after all.

One of those being they do not believe in charging a gamer twice for a game they already own.

This shouldn't be a problem on Xbox with everything being backwards and forwards compatible. It should just scale up on the next Xbox and perhaps CDPR will patch it specifically as they did for Xbox One X.

No pressure to deliver on that, Microsoft! ;)

The other 2 planned to just watch someone play it because as they said most Sony games now focus more on cinema like gameplay sequences and not real gameplay (their words not mine).

As well, even in many gameplay sequences where the player is in control, they don't like how some encounters are tightly scripted

Have the same feelings about those games, they sure can pull off nice graphics and all when going cinematic but im personally not liking it, many others do like it though.

It was also the first time CDPR was launching their game on multiple platforms. That stretched their team thin even though that was the largest team they'd ever had.

While I'm sad that they are no longer PC exclusive and thus don't push graphics as much as they used to, I'm also excited to see what they can accomplish with Cyberpunk 2077 now that they have a LOT more cash due to The Witcher 3 selling great on 3 different platforms.

Regards,
SB

For people that are worried about the trailer being too "bright."

Jesse Cox is talking about it on the Co-Optional podcast right now. The open world he got to see was absolutely gorgeous during the day (they didn't show the night time). However, anytime they went indoors everything was all wires, trash, gross, etc.

So his impression was that the city has this façade of being beautiful and bright. But that all just hides the seedy underbelly of the city and its people.

Regards,
SB

If you played the Cyberpunk pen and paper RPG, there was a lot of source material that had the bright and nice stuff to. So its more that people are used to Bladerunner being all rain and only at night* I assume.

But from my understanding they are collaborating with R.Talsorian Games and Mike Pondsmith in someway and most likely somebody at CDPR are fans of the genre so I am not worried about that.

Only thing I am worried about is information overload about the game, so I burn out or have the wrong expectations before it releases sometime within the next 10 years :D

*Bladerunner 2049 had many not night time shots.

well that was obvious from the trailer that we would not get near that quality on Xbox One/PS4
maybe Xbox One X might come somewhere close, and maybe it's first game to drop below 1080p with dynamic res ?
Will be interesting to see the beast pushed hard.

downgrade on next generation console? And how it can run on PS4 and Xbox One S. And it was running on locked 30 fps.

Considering that no gameplay has been shown publicly, how can there be a downgrade? So far, it's only really been a cinematic trailer that was shown, even if it might be in engine.

Once they show the gameplay to the public then we'll have an idea of what the graphics might look like on console.

Regards,
SB

downgrade on next generation console? And how it can run on PS4 and Xbox One S. And it was running on locked 30 fps.

Why wouldn't it? The geometry, lighting and animation isn't beyond the current generation of systems. Thus leaving the usual suspects (i.e., resolution, anti-aliasing, LoD, population density, texture size, framerate, etc.) to be adjusted accordingly by CD Projekt across the current generation of systems.

Considering that no gameplay has been shown publicly, how can there be a downgrade? So far, it's only really been a cinematic trailer that was shown, even if it might be in engine.

Once they show the gameplay to the public then we'll have an idea of what the graphics might look like on console.

Regards,
SB

At least this time they did not present it to public. I was speaking about the behind closed doors exciting so much the journalist.

That's ridiculous. So as it currently stands:
Xbox One X: Dynamic 900p Low to Medium settings with dips.
Ps4 Pro: Dynamic 720p Low to Medium with worse dips.
Ps4: DVD res, Low settings, dips.
Xbox One S:
wwqz9.jpg

That's ridiculous. So as it currently stands:
Xbox One X: Dynamic 900p Low to Medium settings with dips.
Ps4 Pro: Dynamic 720p Low to Medium with worse dips.
Ps4: DVD res, Low settings, dips.
Xbox One S:
wwqz9.jpg

All the doom and gloom isn't really necessary. The demo was meant for maximum effect (PR, talk, hype about the graphics and game scale), not any optimizations being performed now. Any LOD and distance scaling systems in place, were probably turned off on maintaining geometry complexity and texture detail regardless of the distance or relation between player, NPCs, vehicles, buildings and other objects within the environment. And of course, things such as pedestrian and vehicle population & density are set for maximum effect, on conveying CD Projekt's vision of a vibrant and bustling environment. That being said, the current generation of consoles will receive the necessary changes on maintaining a certain framerate and resolution befitting of their respective specs.

Last edited:
Back