Forza Horizon 4 [XO, XBSX|S, XPA]

Karamazov

Legend
Where is the thread for this game ?
I don't even own an Xbox but i love this game already

Those gorgeous landscapes ! Those seasons changes !
I still don't like the fact that you can drive at 150mph though fields with a supercar, but as long as the game does not force you to do so, it might be ok.

Last edited:
Not sure where to post but watching the reveal back I noticed on of the 4 demoing the game was using the accessibility pad with what looks like a nunchuck controller. Very cool to see it in use and I think under reported on bar the initial leaks.

I've said this for every Forza Horizon game, but have yet to follow through, but maybe this time I'll actually follow through.

I don't do driving games anymore, but I kind of want to get this game just to drive around the beautiful landscape. Seasons being added makes it that much more compelling. This is the only case I can think of where the open world nature of the game is one of its prime attractions for me.

It's so beautiful, I just want to drive around aimlessly. Seeing Zelda BOTW in action gave me some of that feeling as well, but not enough to buy it. Wanting to explore without doing any story and without being locked out of any overworld areas due to story is pretty attractive.

Regards,
SB

As much as like FH3, I'm hoping they change up the formula. They either should go big and get more like Motorstorm or get more realistic and more like an open world FM7. They live in this space where sports cars are driving off road, but the jumps and stuff are small. While the open world was large, most of it was boring and not made for driving. Of course the Hot Wheels expansion fixed that. I'm also hoping the 60fps X mode fixes the sluggish controls, which was a big turn off for me.

is this a game?

Graphics are gorgeous, definitely ahead of Gran Turismo Sport in the graphic department. Polyphony Digital has lost their edge (touch) honestly... Evolution Studios shouldn't have been the ones on the cutting block.

I don't know man, FH4's lighting still looks kinda flat and plastic like, I can easily tell it apart from real life. Also the lack of any volumetric effects still makes it look primitive compared to DriveClub. I do however like the season changes and the rich environment, yes games like GTS or any other 60 fps racers simply can not come close to.

I don't know man, FH4's lighting still looks kinda flat and plastic like, I can easily tell it apart from real life. Also the lack of any volumetric effects still makes it look primitive compared to DriveClub. I do however like the season changes and the rich environment, yes games like GTS or any other 60 fps racers simply can not come close to.

This will be 60fps also * ?

*Caveat we have not actually seen it yet
** Only on the X

Wrong thread for a compare. The games had obviously different goals but I think can look at the overall package and see that the level of detail near and far is unsurpassed, image clarity is also unsurpassed. And the game is entirely open world. Trees sway, snow crumpled, environmental particles in the air everywhere. There still is a bit of a stylistic choice happening here so I’m not sure how much you are factoring that into the game.

is this a game?

Wow! Some of the best graphics this gen no doubt

Saw there going to be deformable surfaces such as mud (yes mud racing!), snow, and beach sand! The amount of tech in this is insane. I feel like this is a test ground for their next Fable....I mean "open world action" game

Wrong thread for a compare. The games had obviously different goals but I think can look at the overall package and see that the level of detail near and far is unsurpassed, image clarity is also unsurpassed. And the game is entirely open world. Trees sway, snow crumpled, environmental particles in the air everywhere. There still is a bit of a stylistic choice happening here so I’m not sure how much you are factoring that into the game.
Disagree, but I won't delve more into comparisons :).

Back