CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

The game looks good (downright gorgeous from a wide scope perspective) and has a very intriguing story. However, some of the NPCs and character animation are lacking that next-generation feel... similar to Ghost of Tsushima. Both gorgeous looking games, but lacking in certain areas.

The game looks good (downright gorgeous from a wide scope perspective) and has a very intriguing story. However, some of the NPCs and character animation are lacking that next-generation feel... similar to Ghost of Tsushima. Both gorgeous looking games, but lacking in certain areas.

But their are a lot of NPCs... And at least it looks credible that it can run on actual hardware. Everybody who saw the private demo were blown away, even by the visuals, so, I don't worry about that (and I'll play it on PC anyway, but I guess the assets will be the same).

It will be a disappointing downgrade on current gen this is most definitely next gen but we'll see signicanlty better visuals next gen than this.

Given how poorly Witcher 3 ran on consoles in certain areas (taking many patches to up the framerate) and their bait and switch visuals i'm sceptical.

But their are a lot of NPCs... And at least it looks credible that it can run on actual hardware. Everybody who saw the private demo were blown away, even by the visuals, so, I don't worry about that (and I'll play it on PC anyway, but I guess the assets will be the same).

I agree the game is gorgeous on approach, and more than likely will be wonderful. It's when you look pass all the gloss and all of the city energy, you can pick up on certain things, like animation, that looks current generation, nothing XB1/PS4 couldn't handle (other than than the typical console paring back of IQ & LoD settings). It's does give me great hope that future Grand Theft Auto games will have to match or surpass the energy presented in Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
I agree the game is gorgeous on approach, and more than likely will be wonderful. It's when you look pass all the gloss and all of the city energy, you can pick up on certain things, like animation, that looks current generation, nothing XB1/PS4 couldn't handle (other than than the typical console pairing back of IQ & LoD settings). It's does give me great hope that future Grand Theft Auto games will have to match or surpass the energy presented in Cyberpunk 2077.

I get what you mean. But, from what I read, it's the scale of things that is incredible. Yeah, the npc don't look next gen (whatever that means), some animations either, but, if you have 50, 100 of them in on area, you won't have Detroit BH like quality... Or it wouldn't run on PS4/XB. And don't forget the game is not ready yet, by a long shot, thing can still evolve.

So it ran on a 1080TI and 8700K that's £1000 alone. Good luck to CDPR getting it running on a PS4 Pro let alone a PS4. This is next generation for those visuals with a cut down port for current gen.

So it ran on a 1080TI and 8700K that's £1000 alone. Good luck to CDPR getting it running on a PS4 Pro let alone a PS4. This is next generation for those visuals with a cut down port for current gen.

I hope they will use FP16, so My O/C Vega FE will shine :D 5820k@4.2ghz, 32gb of ram, Vega@1667mhz (watercooled) with 16gb of vram... I hope memory wise, it will be enough :eek: (I won't make the Fury X mistake again :/)

This game and maybe Lost Ark (if it ever releases outside of Korea) are what will likely force me to upgrade my video card.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for an open world game. The Witcher games are the closest, but that was mostly just to experience the world before putting them down again as I lose interest. I love Cyberpunk though, so I'm hoping this will sustain me through the open world game loop. If anyone can get me to really like an open world game, CDPR are the ones that will be able to do it.

Huge bonus is the first person perspective. While I can tolerate 3rd person perspective with shooting mechanics, 1st person always feels so much better. 1st person exploration is also so much more satisfying and immersive. Rather than watching my character look at stuff, I get to feel like I'm the one looking at stuff.

Basically having the game in 1st person is like a dream come true that I didn't dare hope for before it was revealed.

Regards,
SB

I don't expect Cyberpunk in 2019 at all. I'm thinking Q2 2020 at the soonest, on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Assuming next gen consoles are Holiday 2020, then the next gen version could be at launch or early 2021.

I don't expect Cyberpunk in 2019 at all. I'm thinking Q2 2020 at the soonest, on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Assuming next gen consoles are Holiday 2020, then the next gen version could be at launch or early 2021.

That's going to a potentially interesting inflection point. CDPR, traditionally does not like to do anything they view as Anti-Consumer/Anti-Gamer.

One of those being they do not believe in charging a gamer twice for a game they already own. As I pointed out, when The Witcher 1 and 2 enhanced editions were released on PC, all digital owners of the game were given the remaster for free. BTW - you could register the serial number for the Physical Edition on both Steam and GoG to convert it to a digital version, so there was an avenue for Physical media owners to also get the remaster for free.

If Cyberpunk 2077 launched on current gen consoles just before the launch of next gen consoles, I don't believe they also sell a next gen version unless current owners can get it for free. In other words.
  • If a console is maintaining compatibility with the previous console, then it's easy enough to update a player's game to the newest enhanced version and not charge the players, similar to what CDPR has done in the past.
  • If a console breaks compatibility with the previous console either the console holder would have to agree to give away the game for free to existing owners on the past console or I think CDPR may not want to make an updated version of that game for that console.
    • Sony has made an exception in the past. For a short window after the PS4 version of FFXIV was released, I believe owners of the game on PS3 could get the PS4 version for free.
Or maybe this will be when CDPR turns to the dark side and abandons their ideology of not taking advantage of their customers or making their life more difficult than it has to be.

Regards,
SB

Or maybe this will be when CDPR turns to the dark side and abandons their ideology of not taking advantage of their customers or making their life more difficult than it has to be.

Nah they won't, they are making bank partly because they are considered the "good guys" of the industry (with good reason too). I don't think it's in their best financial interest to abandon that. I don't see CB2077 launching before the new consoles drop anyway.

It would be wise for them to forget ps4/ xbox one and just make this for next gen consoles and launch early 2021 if both consoles are already out or holiday 2021 if one console comes out later that year. They would have a chance to be what oblivion was to the xbox 360 and sell a lot of stuff as the big premier rpg of the systems

It would be wise for them to forget ps4/ xbox one and just make this for next gen consoles and launch early 2021 if both consoles are already out or holiday 2021 if one console comes out later that year. They would have a chance to be what oblivion was to the xbox 360 and sell a lot of stuff as the big premier rpg of the systems

That would be crazy for them to do so. When you have an install base of about 118 million consoles combine between PS4/XB1 now, and possibly an install base of 152 million by 2020... CDPR would be smoking crack-rock on such a mistake. I mean, when the PS5 and the next Xbox are released, their combine install base would be anemic compared to the prior generation. CDPR is hoping for that GTA V (95 million sold) cross-generational money.

Man I can't imagine what this game would look like on a base Xbox One, the brutality of the downgrade would be in the history books. Was that 1080ti even running it on max settings and 4k? People can forget about running at 60fps unless they have Titan Sli :).

Man I can't imagine what this game would look like on a base Xbox One, the brutality of the downgrade would be in the history books. Was that 1080ti even running it on max settings and 4k? People can forget about running at 60fps unless they have Titan Sli :).

More than likely all the current generation of systems will be locked at 30fps, with dynamic resolution. 1080 being the highest point for both PS4/XB1, the lowest drops being around 900 (PS4) and sub 800 (XB1). XBO-X will mostly hover around 2160 (4K), with the lowest drops being around 1980. While the PS4 Pro highest 1440-1600, with lows hitting around 1080.

That would be crazy for them to do so. When you have an install base of about 118 million consoles combine between PS4/XB1 now, and possibly an install base of 152 million by 2020... CDPR would be smoking crack-rock on such a mistake. I mean, when the PS5 and the next Xbox are released, their combine install base would be anemic compared to the prior generation. CDPR is hoping for that GTA V (95 million sold) cross-generational money.

With CDPR track record, I am betting it will launch on next gen and current gen, like Destiny 1 did. But if it launches on current gen before next gen is released. I would take a bet, that you will get an upgrade path that is not free, but then again not the price of a new gen.

Also how many people would be that opposed to it? I know gamers are an entitled bunch, but jebus :D

More than likely all the current generation of systems will be locked at 30fps, with dynamic resolution. 1080 being the highest point for both PS4/XB1, the lowest drops being around 900 (PS4) and sub 800 (XB1). XBO-X will mostly hover around 2160 (4K), with the lowest drops being around 1980. While the PS4 Pro highest 1440-1600, with lows hitting around 1080.
More like 1440p on the X and 1080p on the Pro all dynamic res, then you have them running on low to medium settings with heavy framerate drops and vomit inducing LODs. The base models would be much worse to a point it's not even worth buying like the Crysis 3 console versions from last gen. The game looks a whole gen better than TW3, it really doesn't matter if CDPR are aiming for current gen, it would not look close to what the press have seen at the end of the day on PS4, Bone or even mid gen consoles, people really shouldn't be hopeful here.

More like 1440p on the X and 1080p on the Pro all dynamic res, then you have them running on low to medium settings with heavy framerate drops and vomit inducing LODs. The base models would be much worse to a point it's not even worth buying like the Crysis 3 console versions from last gen. The game looks a whole gen better than TW3, it really doesn't matter if CDPR are aiming for current gen, it would not look close to what the press have seen at the end of the day on PS4, Bone or even mid gen consoles, people really shouldn't be hopeful here.
Although the trailer looked brilliant it didnt really look like a cross gen title to me.

About the 1080ti and 8700k stuff, don't forget it's a very early demo, I guess the optimisation stage are later in dev. cycle.

But still, I'm afraid for Xbox non X users...

Back