Shadow of the Colossus (Remake 2018) [PS4]

Played last night aaand... Yeesh! This game makes me use my brains!

Even from the first jumping/climbing platform!

I finished yesterday, and I've noticed that my threshold for bs must have shrunk considerably over the years. I certainly haven't cursed this much in ages. I like the fresh coat of paint, but deary me, the wonky camera and the the controls feel entirely inadequate for some of the later situations the game is throwing you into.

I must say, it might be because I've already played this game a couple of times, but after killing three or four colossi (? colossuses? colossusis?), I started Rime (free on Plus) and I haven't stopped playing that since. Such a cute little game. Probably irrelevant on this thread.

Heh, getting platinum is not hard now that I realized I can always activate NewGame+ anytime I want. That enables quick jumps to Normal and Hard to do only time trial runs, after which only few things remain [but some grinding is required for maxing out stamina].

Agro is the best.

Heh, getting platinum is not hard now that I realized I can always activate NewGame+ anytime I want. That enables quick jumps to Normal and Hard to do only time trial runs, after which only few things remain [but some grinding is required for maxing out stamina].

Agro is the best.
What happens in such a case? He is pretty much dead. Do you continue without a horse? :D

shadowofthecolossus_2h6qkd.png

shadowofthecolossus_2lzkaz.png

Have to say the camera sometimes annoy the shit out of me especially during battles and exploration. Why can't we take full control of it without constantly re orientate itself to the default view? Guess I really miss the free cam view of modern third person platformers.
Also in regard to those
little mofo colossis
I think there's either a design flaw or just plain irritation where you get knocked down and have to be motionless for a few seconds, but the soon as you get up you are instantly knocked down again which is unavoidable! This is pretty much an instant kill, pretty stupid design if you ask me.

Sorry for the "up", but I started this game today, never did it before, it has a legendary status... Now, I get the visuals and "aura" of the world, but damn the controls... And I loved the last guardian (which have mediocre controls at best). But this ?! It's not me vs the colossi, it's me vs the camera, and crappy "physics" / detection, like I should grab something but I don't, etc.

I don't complain about the horse btw, It's less "direct" than other games, but I get it. But the wanderer itself, it's horrible...

Back