The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2018 edition

You can stock upto 3 years on GamePass. Bestbuy has the same halfprice deal as Amazon too.
I just bought till next july but I might buy one more 6 month one to get me into 2020 . $90 bucks for that isn't bad and like I said by then I will be able to have bing rewards take over on that

Indeed, but you have to start somewhere. What MS isn't doing is ignoring first party. Five new studios is huge, and just the beginning in principle. One gets the feeling that MS won't repeat the mistake of the past where they managed to stifle their first parties into mediocrity.

I would hope so, but all of the platform holders have recent history of the executives in charge following up successful (for lack of a better term) generations with strategies for the next gen that fail to carry forward the concepts that made that prior gen successful. They seem to learn from failure, but weirdly, not from success.

Inside xbox stream is starting now

hoping for an elite 2 controller announcement lol.

Last edited:
They are announcing a 16th exclusive. Vigor announced by the dayz guys. Game preview will be out summer.

Sounds like the new fallout. They are showing gameplay now

Ron is on now talking about the gears

Last edited:
And here's a WindowsCentral article about Vigor exclusive from Day-Z developers Bohemia Interactive : https://www.windowscentral.com/vigo...ival-title-dayz-developer-bohemia-interactive

"The backstory for Vigor is that a nuclear bomb has devastated central Europe, causing survivors to look towards Norway for survival. Players will have their own shelter, which operates as the main progression system, allowing you to upgrade it along the way."

And here is the announce Trailer for Vigor

I pulled the trigger on 12 months . Was $60 bucks and with bing rewards I will have another year or so worth of gamepass by the time it expires

Didn't even know they had like, sales. Apparently is 28.95 for 6 months with target redcard? Holy smokes, I might have to bite at that price. That's 5 bucks a month. Think it's also 30 for 6 months at Best Buy? I think it's just an e3 thing.

The issue is my 250GB internet cap. Get charged $10 for breaking it and $10 for each additional 50GB thereafter. I'm fine without DLing a large game, but I find about one 60GB+ game per month is the most I can usually do without breaking the cap, and even one 60GB game in a month means I stand a decent chance to go over the 250GB cap.

So basically every game I DL will probably cost me ten bucks in internet fees. For an extra 20 bucks per month, I can move to unlimited internet, but that kind defeats the purpose. Since without gamepass, I probably wont break my cap (it'd be very rare I'd purchase/DL more than one big game a month without GP) and I'm saving 20 a month.

Yeah +20 a month is not the end of the world, but it would make my ISP bill $80 a month, that's kind of a lot IMO. I was super excited when I became a cordcutter and cut my bill from 150 a month to like 40-50 several years ago, but it's annoying to see it slowly creeping back up there, because there is really nowhere else to go for internet, they have you.

Sucks, I wish something would break this impasse, like some ISP competition! But since cable is a monopoly around here and you cant even get DSL, there's no real option unless somehow cell phone companies start offering 4G home internet affordably.

I mean $20 isn't that big of a deal if you want to game and try the new stuff that's out. Remember gamepass also works for the pc editions of the games.

Eh. Could see both sides. However, some DLC can totally change a game. Plus were starting to approach the issue with GaaS titles that may never get a v2 like Minecraft etc. Phil Spencer touches on this in his interview with Eurogamer.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-11-a-chat-with-phil-spencer-about-next-gen-xbox-consoles

Tommy McClain

Yup, take a look at a couple of big indie games that work as a service on PC. Warframe and POE. What they are now, is nothing like what they were at launch. They've both seen more significant changes than you typically see from game series like, for example, God of War (original) to God of War 2 to God of War 3. Or something like WoW, which drastically changes with each expansion (which is just a big DLC). Even something like FFXIV changes more than some games change with sequels just via free DLC.

Regards,
SB

So, did I miss it, or was there actually no other hardware release except for the Adaptive Controller? I saw previews of the release of the (third party) wireless headset, but that hasn't been officially released yet, has it?

Also.. no Elite V2?

No white XB1X?

It's a pretty nice conference overall mostly due to the third party showings. But apart from some in engine trailers, actual gameplay was very sparse and the only notable ones for me are Forza Horizon 4 and Metro, the rest looked pretty good but not mind blowing.

Metro Exodus may be a really good game but from a graphical standpoint it has often a 2013 level of graphics (materials are still not PBS etc.). The engine has not been improved a lot from 2013 in my opinion and many assets and textures look blurry and muddy

Last edited:
Finally checking some of the stuff in the MS indie showcase. Just had to post this one if no one caught it.

The Wind Road

Chinese developed game. It's very obviously indie (it's also a Steam Greenlight title).

But I fell in love with the aesthetic as soon as I saw that video. Back in Taiwan in the 70's I went to the opening of virtually every Shaw Brothers martial art movie releases.

The combat in this is very much Chinese martial arts and evocative of the Shaw Bros. movies. No idea if the game will be any good, but I just loved watching the martial arts animations even if some of them were pretty rough around the edges.

Regards,
SB

Back