The Annual E3 Bethesda press conference thread, 2018 edition

CohhCarnage who was under NDA for the Prey infinite gameplay DLC is talking about it now a bit.

Evidently it's supposed to give Prey a Rogue-like gameplay experience.

Regards,
SB

ES6 announcement is nice though it has to be at least a couple of years away.

ES6 announcement is nice though it has to be at least a couple of years away.

Yeah. Starfield is coming out first, and that's probably 2020 at the earliest, IMO. Which means ES6 is probably 2021 or later.

Considering that Starfield was specifically called their "next generation game" could imply that it's targeting the next round of consoles from MS and Sony. So 2020 or 2021. And ES6 is the game after Starfield.

I think the only reason they announced anything related to ES6 is because of ES: Blades. There probably would have been internet rioting if they had only announced ES: Blades.

Some people are speculating that they may not have even started development of ES6.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
or it might be flipped , perhaps ES 6 is before starfield and will straddle the generations where as Starfield will be a next gen only game perhaps with a brand new engine.... please just let them get an ew friggen engine

or it might be flipped , perhaps ES 6 is before starfield and will straddle the generations where as Starfield will be a next gen only game perhaps with a brand new engine.... please just let them get an ew friggen engine

He specifically said that ES6 is the game coming after Starfield.

Something else someone else has mentioned on stream. TES games have always had a tag associated with it. Ever since Daggerfall, it's been to denote the region of Tamriel the game took place in (TES: Arena took place in all of Tamriel). Oblivion was kind of an exception as it focused on the portals.

There's no location or tag attached to TES6 yet.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
He specifically said that ES6 is the game coming after Starfield.

Something else someone else has mentioned on stream. TES games have always had a tag associated with it. Ever since Daggerfall, it's been to denote the region of Tamriel the game took place in (TES: Arena took place in all of Tamriel).

There's no location attached to TES6 yet.

Regards,
SB
I didn't hear him say it was coming after starfield. Guess my theory is out. Its okay however there are a lot of good games between now and then .

Favorite segment for this conference?

Skyrim: Very Special Edition.

Closely followed by Rage 2 and Doom: Eternal.

Curiously interested in Starfield. The rest of it I couldn't care less personally.

Regards,
SB

Favorite segment for this conference?

Skyrim: Very Special Edition.

Closely followed by Rage 2 and Doom: Eternal.

Curiously interested in Starfield. The rest of it I couldn't care less personally.

Regards,
SB

Blades could be cool for VR like oculus go

Anybody else think Todd was funny? Made the show not so dull. Interested in Fallout 76 probably for the reasons some of you aren't. I'm not a big RPG fan but that world looked like fun & interesting. Will need to see more gameplay though. But it being a prequel makes it easier to attract new people like myself to the franchise.

Will need to check out the other content later. Only started watching when Todd went on.

Tommy McClain

Watching the Bethesda conference now. Rage 2 looks good. The post-apocalyptic genre is popular this year having come off last night (for me in the UK) Microsoft conference where there was a few games.

Anybody else think Todd was funny?Tommy McClain

Todd Howard is a great speaker. I'm not that far in yet but Peter Hines crack about Walmart Canada made by chuckle. Sometimes I forget that Bethesda, as a relatively small studio, have that smaller studio mentality and attitude and generally don't take themselves (or the industry) too seriously.

edit: Skyrim Very Special Edition :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the Fallout 76 presentation by Todd Howard. Great presentation by him and looks like an interesting game. Will definitely try it out with my wife who loves the Fallout games.

Liked bethesda most, though most say MS was best followed by bethesda then sony. Quake is free aswell if you get it within one week.

Liked bethesda most, though most say MS was best followed by bethesda then sony. Quake is free aswell if you get it within one week.
Downloaded it yesterday and it's fantastic, the controls are so tight. I've been waiting for this "free to play" game to be free for months :LOL:

Loved Hines' quip about Walmart Canada, and the Alexa version of Skyrim.

Just watched the Fallout 76 presentation by Todd Howard. Great presentation by him and looks like an interesting game. Will definitely try it out with my wife who loves the Fallout games.

You go YouTube and search the noclip's "the making of fallout 76" which released a couple of days ago. Lots more info about Fallout 76 and packed full of interviews with Bethesda Game Studios coving the How, Why, What, When, Where of Fallout 76. :yes:

Back